DBR Axis TT / Suntour XC Pro

ted andkilde

Rocky Mountain Fan
Feedback
View
Hi guys

First post in a long while, nice to see the site is still going strong. And I'm glad to see the admins have added a bunch of notification tools for infrequent posters such as myself. Thanks guys.

Anyhow, figured I would post up a pic of my current work in progress, It's a DBR Axis TT with Suntour XC Pro bits. A few little things left to finish it up, looks like I lost my old headset wrenches in a move some years back (most everything else in my collection is A-head), I also need a second chain whip so I can flush out the lazy freehub, it engages but is totally silent so I'm a bit worried its lube is petrified.

Not 100% sure on the year of the frame, it has a canti-hanger and S-bend stays so I'm guessing somewhere in the 93/94 range. I'll post up some more detailed pics if anyone is interested.

Good to see you all.

t AXIS.jpg

Dusted off the proper camera for some detail pics. I've been hunting down the XC-Pro stuff for ages, the cantilevers seem to be like hens teeth, you can find sets of the Pedersen self energizers pretty easily but plain ones are thin on the ground. Pleased to have found the grease guard headset which matches up with the BB, hubs and pedals. Took three tries to get a functioning rear mech, two, very pretty but quite broken ones came from the Bay of E before Adam Eyeman came to the rescue with this one. I'm not entirely certain the front mech is a proper XC-Pro one, but it was the only top pull Suntour one I could find. Fork was a NOS Tioga unit, I don't think they're known for forks but its light enough, nicely constructed and has lovely investment cast dropouts.

sm_TLA4499.jpg sm_TLA4500.jpg sm_TLA4501.jpg sm_TLA4503.JPG sm_TLA4505.jpg sm_TLA4509.jpg sm_TLA4511.jpg sm_TLA4512.jpg
Stickers are original and quite well preserved.
sm_TLA4514.jpg sm_TLA4515.jpg

Last edited:
Back in the day my LBS had that exact same Axis TT frame for sale for ages, i seriously lusted after it but given the price it was never going to be mine. I had to make do with an "normal" Axis.
Really good to see one built up and looking so nice. Enjoy it!👍

Back