Cranked presents "The Charlie and Joe show"

Repack Rider

Senior Retro Guru
When Joe Breeze and I visited the UK last summer, we spent an evening drinking in a pub with a couple of guys from Cranked Magazine. They photographed and recorded the encounter, and now they want money to let you read it.

I have bypassed those pesky copyright laws and scanned the whole thing into a .pdf file.

Next year I promise to let Joe say something.

Bonus link: a design magazine called Mohawk Quarterly asked me to contribute an article about my long-dead magazine the Fat Tire Flyer. After losing tens of thousands of dollars and going out of business, now my vision is validated 30 years later.

I consider this to be the ultimate Fat Tire Flyer souvenir, honored by a design magazine.

Because they are a design magazine, they turned my article into an amazing stand-alone booklet, enclosed in the printed publication. This is an amazing work of published art, but not yet available in the UK. I'm working with my UK representation to get copies across the water.

The online version of the magazine does not do justice to the print version, but for now it is all that is available in the UK. Scroll to page 50 for the Fat Tire Flyer. Here is a .pdf of the print version.

Attachments

• Mohawk4a.jpg
    Mohawk4a.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 550
  • mohawk3a.jpg
    mohawk3a.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 550
  • Mohawk1a.jpg
    Mohawk1a.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 550
  • Mohawk0a.jpg
    Mohawk0a.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 550
Excellent. Good to get the outside recognition for your work, Charlie.

I still have a couple of well-thumbed copies of FTF picked up by my late mother by in SF when she visited back in '85.
Pestered her for weeks to find a bike shop with anything mountainbike for me.
A year later I owned my first mountainbike and was racing with Roy Rivers, Joe Murray and Jaquie Phelam at the '86 Man v Horse....

All the best,

Re:

Awesome Charlie. It was ace to be part of this year's party. The start of a new chapter? ..... ;) the futures retro haha.

Re:

Wow ! :cool:

Question : how to buy the Mohawk Quarterly magazine ?

Back