Covid without the Covid and with the covid

Missus has tested positive and is in full blown splut mode

I've tested negative twice but am completely pole axed, exactly like after the first vaccine

Hope you both get better soon.

Funny how the mind works, first thing most people say these days with it being thrown at them for so long.

Could it be you have something else!? plenty of other things it could be.

You need a medical dictionary to read while laid up, see how many exotic diseases you could possibly have :) 🧑‍⚕️ 🌴 📚 :)

I shouldn't be flippant, I had it way back right at the start. Not all the symptoms were in the press back then. All I knew was I felt rough. Luckily we just went into the point when the guidance was to work from home if you can, so I worked from home not knowing if I had it or not. Bright lights hurt, lots of headache going on, joints aching, throwing cups of tea down the sink because they didn't taste right. These symptoms weren't in the press at the time so I really didn't know. The big thing in the press was having a dry, continuous cough - which I didn't have. That came on for two days right at the end of two weeks of various symptoms that all made me feel crap. Looking back I was a lucky one to only have those relatively mild symptoms, though they didn't feel mild at the time. As I began to feel alright I thought a bit of fresh air might do me good and headed out on my bike. That was a ride that will stay with me forever - my lungs didn't seem to work. I mean I was breathing in air but my body didn't seem to be turning that into oxygenated blood. After cycling a bit more over the next few weeks my lungs worked again - like I said, I was a lucky one. I still didn't know if I actually had covid because the symptoms were so strung out. Then my Daughter and a stray returned from University (The October maybe?) as the Uni's closed along with the schools. The Stray brought a dose of covid along for the ride so we isolated for a couple of weeks. Strangely I didn't seem to catch covid from the stray even though we were in the same house. Then I was randomly asked to take part in a NHS study to test for covid antibodies and there it was - I had them...

Then the vaccines came along and we all had the opportunity to give ourselves a base layer of protection.

But yeah, I shouldn't be flippant because it's a horrible illness and I consider myself lucky to have got off so lightly

last monday i got what i thought was tonsillitis, it was bad, got to the thursday and it was killing me, the swallowing was so bad i assumed it was just tonsillitis because you can't have 2 things can you?! but on saturday tested positive for covid as well, immediately closed the shop, feeling better now, gonna retest this evening and see what it says.

it has been pretty horrible, hoping for a clear test by friday as i'm on holiday for 2 weeks (assuming i can go if i test ok)

feel sorry for anyone who gets what i have just had, when swallowing it was like being stabbed from inside my throat outwards, and when i sneezed it was like being stabbed in the eardrums repeatedly.

hope you guys feel better.

I shouldn't be flippant

I guess that was aimed at me?

It was a serious question, asking if it could be anything else, coming from the available information, and no i am not a doctor, but do know the symptoms and those of similar illnesses, hence the question.

Having lived through it the same as everyone else, with family having it over the last year or two and one family member dying from it then no, i don't feel the illness itself to be non-serious. Nor would i make fun of anyone who had that or any illness really, though i would try to cheer them up, just my nature, and in my experience it can help no end someone who is feeling ill.

I guess that was aimed at me?

It was a serious question, asking if it could be anything else, coming from the available information, and no i am not a doctor, but do know the symptoms and those of similar illnesses, hence the question.

Having lived through it the same as everyone else, with family having it over the last year or two and one family member dying from it then no, i don't feel the illness itself to be non-serious. Nor would i make fun of anyone who had that or any illness really, though i would try to cheer them up, just my nature, and in my experience it can help no end someone who is feeling ill.
No, no no no.... no. It absolutely wasn't aimed at you, it was directed at my previous post where I rather flippantly said "the pollen count has been quite high lately". Apologies for any confusion

I shouldn't be flippant, I had it way back right at the start. Not all the symptoms were in the press back then. All I knew was I felt rough. Luckily we just went into the point when the guidance was to work from home if you can, so I worked from home not knowing if I had it or not. Bright lights hurt, lots of headache going on, joints aching, throwing cups of tea down the sink because they didn't taste right. These symptoms weren't in the press at the time so I really didn't know. The big thing in the press was having a dry, continuous cough - which I didn't have. That came on for two days right at the end of two weeks of various symptoms that all made me feel crap. Looking back I was a lucky one to only have those relatively mild symptoms, though they didn't feel mild at the time. As I began to feel alright I thought a bit of fresh air might do me good and headed out on my bike. That was a ride that will stay with me forever - my lungs didn't seem to work. I mean I was breathing in air but my body didn't seem to be turning that into oxygenated blood. After cycling a bit more over the next few weeks my lungs worked again - like I said, I was a lucky one. I still didn't know if I actually had covid because the symptoms were so strung out. Then my Daughter and a stray returned from University (The October maybe?) as the Uni's closed along with the schools. The Stray brought a dose of covid along for the ride so we isolated for a couple of weeks. Strangely I didn't seem to catch covid from the stray even though we were in the same house. Then I was randomly asked to take part in a NHS study to test for covid antibodies and there it was - I had them...

Then the vaccines came along and we all had the opportunity to give ourselves a base layer of protection.

But yeah, I shouldn't be flippant because it's a horrible illness and I consider myself lucky to have got off so lightly
That's the same when I got it last July, didn't get the regular symptoms and even NHS 111 didn't believe I had covid, I started of with fever like symptoms and headache, then slowly over a 14 day period as one symptoms faded another popped up to say hello, I ended up with rashes and blisters on my ankles, complete exhaustion, headache, cough, chills, temperature, loss of taste and smell, shortness of breath, diarrhea and sickness, cough came on day 10 and lasted about 3 months, taste and smell took approximately 6 months to start returning to normal but still not like they were, and my lungs although better are approximately 80% to what they used to be. It appears to affect everyone differently

I hope everyone who has/had it recovers fully. The wife has been lucky. Boredom her worst symptom. I'm staying hopeful I have avoided it. Will test tomorrow before heading out. Is it worth testing without any symptoms?

I hope everyone who has/had it recovers fully. The wife has been lucky. Boredom her worst symptom. I'm staying hopeful I have avoided it. Will test tomorrow before heading out. Is it worth testing without any symptoms?
It's always worth testing but in my personal experience the LFTs are only a guide and a PCR should of been used for a definitive answer, in my household my wife always tests negative with LFTs and only symptom she had was tiredness, my youngest boy tested positive on LFTs but PCR came back negative but had all the main symptoms of covid, boredom wasn't too much of an issue for me as I spent most of the 2 weeks sleeping

Someone on a course I was involved with apparently didn't feel well and did a LF test. Negative. They did another five I think and only the seventh was a positive result.

I'll test in the morning as I've been the house with someone who has it.

A positive test this morning

Managed to avoid it for twp and a half years, 3 vaccines and no pubs or car boot sales, bleugh

Last edited:
Back