Coolwall April 2011 - Cannondale

Collwall April 2011 - Cannondale

• Cool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
MikeD":3u6jp3xf said:
Unless you count a shock and all the rocker pivots as "moving parts", which I suspect you ought :)

hehe fair play! I was trying to describe the use of frame flexion as a suspension component, no pivot

but ended up saying something rather different! :oops:

My first real mountainbike was a 1996 Killer V500 in gold/black metallic.
Really nice (cool) paintjob and a great bike. Are they cool? Well, for me they are.

stew-b":2eb1uf27 said:
they are sub zero :cool: wish i hadnt sold this one :cry:

19052008315.jpg

Undeniably cool. Pretty sure this was the first proper bike I rode back in 1991 (complete with Girvin Flexstem). I couldn't believe how light it was compared to my Ridgeback 601 GS (which, I believe, was made from lead).

I think they went off the boil quite early - the last cool bike was the bare Killer-V IMHO.

And what ever happened to the 24" rear wheel?!

On the merit of the SI or HollowGram crank alone I'd say super cool and the modern ones (especially my CAAD10) are wonderful for day to day commuting and some light level racing. However as for the classics I cant say I ever exactly lusted after one or even that I'd have bought one if I could afford it. Though the Beast of The East was pretty awesome. I'm going with uncool.

A 1992 M700 got me into mountain biking and I desperately wanted a Super V BITD so they're cool.
And Peter Denk of Scott carbon fame is their current chief designer so gotta love those new ones too (might even consider the new Jekyll).

Until 1991-1992, very very cool
Until the first jekyll and Lefty… not my cup of tea : C'dale became a big industry.
Since some years… very uncool

I love the 3.0 series
01laterald.jpg

I love their color schemes
sm1000x2.jpg

I love the creativity spirit (The EST was really not the best suspension bike but so crazy…)
34ar.jpg

And I love too, these first bikes with the 24" wheel…
When I think that there's 29" mtb !
arriered.jpg

:LOL:

Back