Cook Bros ...ect. Japan Buying Advice, Yahoo Auctions, Proxy Services

Lovely but they’re in Japan so shipping and taxes apply. For a 2.5kg 40x20x10 package (generous guess) it is 44,000 yen so almost £500 without taxes on landing which i think is 20% so £600. (all figures give or take). I'm out. If anyone can do it ALOT cheaper i'd be interested!

44,000¥ = £266

A lot cheaper than who, Buyee?

I’ve only used Buyee as a viewer because as from April Yahoo Jp became unsupported in the Eu/UK so I now have to browse the auctions via a proxy but I wouldn’t use Buyee as a proxy service.

Border charges are avoidable I’ve been buying goods from Jp since around 2008 without a hitch. EMS shipping on 2.5kg wound be around £48 but saying that the Cooks is only bid up to 40,000¥ with a single bid they might sell for more....

I love buying stuff from Japan, they're fast shippers and they often use shipping companies that handle customs so its not going to be stuck in a sorting center

Retro blessings to the people of Japan

44,000¥ = £266

A lot cheaper than who, Buyee?

I’ve only used Buyee as a viewer because as from April Yahoo Jp became unsupported in the Eu/UK so I now have to browse the auctions via a proxy but I wouldn’t use Buyee as a proxy service.

Border charges are avoidable I’ve been buying goods from Jp since around 2008 without a hitch. EMS shipping on 2.5kg wound be around £48 but saying that the Cooks is only bid up to 40,000¥ with a single bid they might sell for more....
I mean the cost of shipping + Cooks Bros = £500 I got the shipping quote from a link on the Cooks Bros auction page. As I said I’m guessing at the true cost and would welcome the help from someone who’s used the site before.

Yup, FedEx are ridiculously fast, my last order from Circles left Nagoya on Tuesday morning and arrived at my door 30hrs later on Wednesday afternoon.

I've always used EMS shipping from JP, they're cheap because they don't charter their own flights, they piggyback in the cargo space of commercial airlines.. JP shipping has been taking a little longer recently due to their refusal to fly over Russian airspace, a minor inconvenience.

...would welcome the help from someone who’s used the site before.

The crank is listed for sale on Yahoo Auctions, you can't sign up to Yahoo without a domestic Japanese shipping address therefore you need a proxy service who will buy the crank on your behalf and fwd it to your address, Buyee is one of such services but there are many proxies out there working for a fee or a % (these buying services work all over the world, in effect greasing the jockey wheels of international shopping, i recently sold a few pairs of vintage Stussy sunglasses to a buyer in Japan via a buying service based in Heathrow business park)

I tend use ZenMarket, they only charge 300¥/item (£2) Ive also used Jauce, from Japan, SutoCorp ect in the past.

You would need to sign up to Zen, all you need is an email address and password, no personal deets.

Paste the Cook Bros link into the ZenMarket URL.. here i've done it for you CBR Crank

Fund your online wallet via PP so you're bidding with your own money, if you click the 'Place a Bid' tab you will be directed to a PP link to add funds.

Yahoo is more civilized than ebay, in this instance the seller has selected 'Automatic Extension' so the auction end continuously rolls over until eveyone has the chance to bid, much like a traditional auction house.

'Early Finish' has also been selected meaning that if there are no other bidders the auction can be closed early to a single bid so you stand nothing to gain by a snipe bid and everything to lose.

If you win the auction, your goods will be delivered to the Zen warehouse in 3 or 4 days, you then choose your shipping method and fill in your own declaration form so you could ship the crank to the UK with a marked value of 1000¥ avoiding all border charges but bear in mind that if your package goes missing you can only claim the marked value back from the insurance.. all the above is automated so don't fret about language barriers. You could ship at half value or full but the higher the marked value the higher the border charges will be.

You can fund your wallet as often as you like but if you fail to win the auction, Zen can not refund your dosh for 6/7days just because the ¥¥¥ has to clear in their bank account before they can issue a refund.

Any problems.. just give me a hola!

Back