Convert your AMP or Rock Shox disc brakes to IS !!

ylwgto

Retro Guru
I have recently developed a full kit (out of necessity) to convert proprietary AMP and Rock Shox disc brake forks and frames to standard IS mount.

This means you can use modern disc brakes on your vintage rig!

I coordinated a bulk order with many retroUK users and now have some kits remaining I can offer up for sale on a first come first served basis.

I have 4 full kits (front and rear conversion + all hardware) and 3 front only kits. Prices are $85 and $55, respectively plus shipping.

Details of the kit and pics are described below. PM me with interest.

DETAILS:

Front + Rear: machined front and rear aluminum adaptor bracket, offset spacers (front and rear), M5 bolts and nuts, caliper bolts, rear frame swingarm conversion kit**
Front: machined front aluminum adaptor bracket, offset spacers, M5 bolts and nuts, caliper bolts

**Swing arm kit is a special bushing +panhead bolt + lock nut + washers.

This replaces the non-drive side seatstay-to-chainstay frame pivot bolt. The original bolt sits recessed into frame and the nut is on the inside of the stay. The nut (at least on my frame) contacted the 160mm brake rotor. To make it work, I removed the bolt and installed a pan head allen bolt in the opposite orientation (insert from inner stay). The bushing fits into the recessed part of the frame where the original bolt head was (to fill the space). Washers and lock nut go on outside of frame. This gave me clearance to run rotors. You may not need it if A. your frame is different or B. you plan to run rear rotor smaller than 160mm.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 10.01.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 10.01.15 AM.png
    113 KB · Views: 375
  • Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 10.01.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 10.01.22 AM.png
    128 KB · Views: 374
  • Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 10.01.28 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 10.01.28 AM.png
    114.1 KB · Views: 375
  • Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 10.01.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 10.01.03 AM.png
    66.2 KB · Views: 375
That's great.

I'm new to this forum, usually work on vintage road bikes. My mate gave me his AMP Mercedes Benz B4 to fix up but the brakes have seen better days. This kit is just what I needed.

Can you PM me so we can arrange how to pay?

Got your PM thank you.

I dont think I can reply as I have only just registered with the forum.

Can you pm your email or email me direct?

I have recently developed a full kit (out of necessity) to convert proprietary AMP and Rock Shox disc brake forks and frames to standard IS mount.

This means you can use modern disc brakes on your vintage rig!

I coordinated a bulk order with many retroUK users and now have some kits remaining I can offer up for sale on a first come first served basis.

I have 4 full kits (front and rear conversion + all hardware) and 3 front only kits. Prices are $85 and $55, respectively plus shipping.

Details of the kit and pics are described below. PM me with interest.

DETAILS:

Front + Rear: machined front and rear aluminum adaptor bracket, offset spacers (front and rear), M5 bolts and nuts, caliper bolts, rear frame swingarm conversion kit**
Front: machined front aluminum adaptor bracket, offset spacers, M5 bolts and nuts, caliper bolts

**Swing arm kit is a special bushing +panhead bolt + lock nut + washers.

This replaces the non-drive side seatstay-to-chainstay frame pivot bolt. The original bolt sits recessed into frame and the nut is on the inside of the stay. The nut (at least on my frame) contacted the 160mm brake rotor. To make it work, I removed the bolt and installed a pan head allen bolt in the opposite orientation (insert from inner stay). The bushing fits into the recessed part of the frame where the original bolt head was (to fill the space). Washers and lock nut go on outside of frame. This gave me clearance to run rotors. You may not need it if A. your frame is different or B. you plan to run rear rotor smaller than 160mm.
Hello , I´m crazy looking for this kit. Do you still have one of them on sale? thanks

Latest posts

Back