Colnago Master Cyclocross

crash victim":10i4dvwk said:
Wow that's a bit loud but nice.

Yes, the yellow is a bit loud. Not my favorite color, but that's okay!

Also a bit scraped up, but I'm going to keep it original.

LML999":10fckd2a said:
Ruimteaapje":10fckd2a said:
I guess it too small to be one of Luca Bramati's bikes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHpfuidQtxU

Thanks!

He's clearly riding a Colnago badged cyclocross bike, and it's the right era and color. The original videos are so grainy, it's tough to tell much from the footage!

I just sent him a note on FB with a picture of the bike...

It is not Luca's bike from the '96 Cyclocross worlds in Munich. That bike was lugless, with, surprisingly, a traditional front fork (not unicrown). It also had braze-ons for front derailleur cable. Overall, the construction is quite similar to the Colnago MTB that he raced in Atlanta in 1996, although the MTB did have a unicrown fork, as did mine and Hiemstra's bike.

And so the plot thickens...I've found another steel Colnago cyclocross bike!

Luca's bike and mine were built within a couple of years of one another; yet the design of his frame and mine are quite different, and somewhat different even from the Colnago Competition CX (also lugless) built for Bert Hiemstra in the 1998 time frame.

This thread has me fascinated; cx was my first love but I've only recently dabbled in Colnago (Superissimo currently mid-build) - great to have the two brought together. I look forward to more progress discovering the history of this wonderful frame :D

elPedro666":j0z0c3j2 said:
This thread has me fascinated; cx was my first love but I've only recently dabbled in Colnago (Superissimo currently mid-build) - great to have the two brought together. I look forward to more progress discovering the history of this wonderful frame :D

Thanks...really thought I was onto something with the referral to Luca's bike.

I'm at another dead-end...maybe I'll check the tubing for build notes stuck inside. :)

Still looking for some history on this bike...

In the meantime, I've put a few miles on it...it's a lovely riding bike! One of my favorite!

Its a cool bike I like the colour there's not a lot of yellow colnago's be they CX or not. Good luck on the history research.

Re:

You’re right...not a ton of yellow Colnagos out there. Funny, though, my Colnago Crystal is a similar yellow!

And the bikes that Luca raced were both (all?) bright yellow.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back