Colnago C64 disc build

Looking forward to seeing this built! Be interested to see saddle and tape colours - something subtle? Or something contrasting?

Black saddle and tape.

I did consider a brown or tan but I think it’ll have too much going off and also the saddles which suit are black.

Beautiful frame, I’ve got the rim C64 but in Mapei. The frozen finish is something else though. All Colnago paint does seem delicate though.

Beautiful frame, I’ve got the rim C64 but in Mapei. The frozen finish is something else though. All Colnago paint does seem delicate though.
I love the Mapei schemes and likely would have had one could I have found one. Any pics ?

I’m having mine wrapped soon and once that is done the build can start as I have everything now

Update on this so far

I’ve now managed to get everything to build it.

In the end ended up with Di2 Ultegra 12 speed , Deda Superzero bars , SR9 stem , and Fizik R1 versus evo saddle. Kept it a nice but also not silly spec as you can go pretty crazy on stuff if you please. It’s actually come out less than I expected thankfully.

Part of me kinda wishes I’d gone rim brake and campy but since the amount of use it’ll get the spec I’ve gone makes more sense in the long run.

Waiting on having the frame wrapped before I’m building it up (hopefully soon as today was first day when spring felt close)

Ah.. the whole thing? I didn’t know that was possible. Please tell me more!

Company who is doing it is called Shackwrap in Bury. I’ve had them recommended to me but I’ll report on my thoughts after but they certainly seem good.

They scan the frame apparently and produce a wrap in Xpel.

90% coverage to frame , fork and cranks for £225 fitted which seems good value to me.

Back