Clockwork info thread

sinnerman":3resd27q said:
A small firm Handbuilding bikes in the Uk, that were in the early days of the Sport of mountain biking a Dominant force.

Far east Imports were hard price points to contend with.

Note the Oranges.

Nice! Does this ad pre-date Orange?

From memory it was aimed directly at Orange wasn't it?

As for the proto, I still think best guess is that it was a link between the Tange DB and Infinity frames or a proto for the Prestige, built to order in the far east. What ever it is it's sweet. :xmas-cool:

groovyblueshed":2srbrn5j said:
sinnerman":2srbrn5j said:
A small firm Handbuilding bikes in the Uk, that were in the early days of the Sport of mountain biking a Dominant force.

Far east Imports were hard price points to contend with.

Note the Oranges.

Nice! Does this ad pre-date Orange?

NO.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=179733

Attachments

• Overburys.......A Mountain bike Hanbuilt in the U.K..jpg
    Overburys.......A Mountain bike Hanbuilt in the U.K..jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 336
  • 1989 HANDBUILT IN BRISTOL.jpg
    1989 HANDBUILT IN BRISTOL.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 336
As i mentioned earlier , judging by the deterioration of the paint around them , the decals seem to have been applied at the same time except the San Marco decal on the top tube which is more recent.

Yes Groovy it is a mix of tubing , Infinity front triangle and Prestige back end. Also with Prestige forks.

Question for Brocks : what was attatched to the wishbone ?

There is a broken boss just below the rear cable stop which i have now removed. It is now noticeable that the hole has been drilled rather crudely and is off centre.

Im thinking of brazing it up if the feeling is it is not a factory detail.

Reading through this thread for the first time I have to quote the old saying 'a picture can be worth a thousand words…' or whatever it is, as being very apt.

:)

tuubz":2ed0drbb said:

There is a broken boss just below the rear cable stop which i have now removed. It is now noticeable that the hole has been drilled rather crudely and is off centre.

Don't think anything was attached tbh. I noticed it and wondered if it was there for some prototype reason but more likely some one drilled it for a mudguard at some point. :?

brocklanders023":ga233rui said:
tuubz":ga233rui said:

Don't think anything was attached tbh. I noticed it and wondered if it was there for some prototype reason but more likely some one drilled it for a mudguard at some point. :?

Pictures ?
Could be anything if a Prototype and they just drill and added things. Who know ;)

YY30Rbn.png

Mat would you mind retaking this picture , making it a bit clearer please.
Try to take it straight on if you can.
It will help me to reconstruct my similar decal.

Thanks mate

Back