Cinelli Genius Columbas steel frame and fork

Andy Martin

Dirt Disciple
Cinelli Genius Columbas steel frame and fork, with Dura Ace headset.Professionally resprayed and lovingly restored by me. Size medium: TopTube ctc 54cm X SeatTube ctc 52.5cm

The frame number is 94872 - I think this means it was manufactured in 1994. This makes sense as, according to the Columbas website:

"Genius tubing was first introduced in 1991. Made from Nivacrom steel, Genius tubing saves weight by only butting portions of the tube that are under the greatest stress.

The frame decals are not period correct, I just like the older logo more than the later winged C' logo. Easy enough to change if authenticity is your thing.

£350 plus £18 postage within UK. Email fbaggyjams@googlemail.com for more snaps or more info

Attachments

• c1a.jpg
    c1a.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 1,193
  • c4.jpg
    c4.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,193
  • c6.jpg
    c6.jpg
    429.7 KB · Views: 1,194
  • c5.jpg
    c5.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,188
I have never seen those lugs, and the top seatstay bits on a Cinelli frame. Let alone the fillet-brazed main triangle or the headtube with the reinforcement rings.

That gear cable routed inside the Rh chainstay makes me think of a San Remo or Motta frame.

Re:

The frame bottom bracket shell might have Cinelli cast into it ,possibly dropouts as well ,I’ve seen frames with the ‘spoiler’ bottom bracket described as Cinelli frames

Back