Cinder Cone budget build

Teus_Harrison

Dirt Disciple
Re:

Finally stripped after several days of going at it then on with the etch primer and high build 2k....
I have almost stripped my frame back to bare and I'm now trying to sort out what paint system I need. I was planning on using a 2K high build primer (found some Pro XL cans on ebay) whats the idea of the etch primer before and how important is this? Cheers

We_are_Stevo

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
That may have been a 'budget' build in terms of cash outlay but as far as the work put in is concerned, it looks a million Dollars! :cool:

stepawayfromthemachine

Old School Hero
Very sorry I didn’t respond to this! The etch primer acts as an adhesion layer between the bare metal and the next coat. It also has some anti corrosion properties

cheers

SteveJ81

Retro Newbie
Re:

And finally the finished article. Apologies for the repeated posts as I don’t seem to be able to upload multiple pictures on one post....
Hey, small world, I have just bought a Cinder Cone (1996 in my case) and also live in Bedford (clocked the Butterfly bridge in the background) Bike looks great and will give you a wave if we cross paths on our Konas 👍

SteveJ81

Retro Newbie
Just down the road from me then, we are about 5 minutes from Russell Park.
Any good local rides you would recommend?
We only moved here in December