Cheap builds. Show us yours.

Re:

Yes it is.....
It cost the grand sum of £93.00 on eBay about 9 years ago. It had a roox stem which I sold for £35 and this covered the cost of a new chain, bottom bracket and replacement stem. It had full xt m739 group set and hope ti front hub. Still on the same velociraptor tyres as well.
I’ve changed the front and rear derailleur to xtr and added an xtr cassette over the years.
If I could only keep one bike this would be it. It’s a great bike.

Attachments

• 750A1D0E-3202-4206-8EEE-48F84C16A597.jpeg
    750A1D0E-3202-4206-8EEE-48F84C16A597.jpeg
    73.6 KB · Views: 184
Re: Re:

konacarl":2nprfeuo said:
Yes it is.....
It cost the grand sum of £93.00 on eBay about 9 years ago. It had a roox stem which I sold for £35 and this covered the cost of a new chain, bottom bracket and replacement stem. It had full xt m739 group set and hope ti front hub. Still on the same velociraptor tyres as well.
I’ve changed the front and rear derailleur to xtr and added an xtr cassette over the years.
If I could only keep one bike this would be it. It’s a great bike.

Looks quite nice. Nobody will say that is a budget bicycle.

Mine looks a bit pricy because I bought a new wheel set, front and rear was 50 euros, I sold the old set for 25. But I put new cables, new brakes (alivio) and chain (sram 9 euros), grips (5 euros) ... not expensive but the bill goes near 200 euros.

I feel that I need something to change or try when I don´t ride the bicycle :LOL:

Well, you did not factor in your white privilige. That makes it way more than 10 quid. 🥴

As I only do cheap builds, I can post whatever.

:LOL:

The initial post had a bike just under 200.
The definition of cheap seems quite relative. The same goes for the term "build". For example, I have a Scott comp racing. I bought it for 40 Euro and it was basically mint original condition. A bit of tlc and newish (used) tyres. Thats cheap for me. But it's not a build. Or is it?

Last edited:
Bromwich.

frame, fork & stem- Free
Fresh Powdercoat - £30
Decals - £25
Mountain LX groupset - Free from bike with cracked headtube
Tyres - Free
Saddle - Free
Plus new cables - £10?

Cheap for a fillet brazed classic

IMG-20180519-183637.jpg

Latest posts