Cheap builds. Show us yours.

I have a suspicion that Scott guy was the one earning the money while somebody put the bike together. But I guess thats not the point, as I am not that somebody. It wasn't me. Not this time, anyway. 🤪

.. my head hurts.

BTT:
My cheapest bike, I got it for free. Gave it away for free 2 weeks later.

Last edited:
I've done some cheap/free builds...won't post em here cos they're usually given/forced away for free!
I am working on a "cheapish" build...trying to make something unique fresh and funky, essentially like a brand new bike...new paint and lots of shiny bits max budget of 250....however it's a time/graft heavy build! All done by my own hand...So shiny bits will be made/customised adapted and restored...a built not bought build.....bit like my whole life 😂
No completed pics as yet...cos it ain't finished ...few weeks I reckon it'll be rolling...

Stem...for a taster.... No laser cut masking cheats here...all done by eye with a beer in my hand.
IMG_20220502_160843_424.jpg

Just built this. Frame £100 plus cable inners and a chain. Rest from shed. What value the parts? View attachment 624254
Handsome that is!
Valuing parts...hmm tricky! To me they have more value keeping them for builds than putting a price on them I reckon.
What's a half sensible new bike cost ? 500 ish thereabouts? So anything less than that and turns out a presentable stead I figure is a cheap build?

I bought this 91 (I think) Univega Team Alpina a month or so ago for $40 Canadian (25 your dollars). It's got a fillet brazed steer tube. It came full XT, and Ritchey. I added the seat for pictures (the one that came with it was an eyesore, it's changed yet since these pictures. It's in the queue to do a proper thread on it it. IMG_3151.jpeg IMG_3156.jpeg

I got this Hardrock Ultra for free about a year ago. I upgraded most of the components with LX from my parts bin and added a Mag 21 from my box of forks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220504-204602_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220504-204602_Gallery.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 14
I've done some cheap/free builds...won't post em here cos they're usually given/forced away for free!
I am working on a "cheapish" build...trying to make something unique fresh and funky, essentially like a brand new bike...new paint and lots of shiny bits max budget of 250....however it's a time/graft heavy build! All done by my own hand...So shiny bits will be made/customised adapted and restored...a built not bought build.....bit like my whole life 😂
No completed pics as yet...cos it ain't finished ...few weeks I reckon it'll be rolling...

Stem...for a taster.... No laser cut masking cheats here...all done by eye with a beer in my hand.
View attachment 624234
Nice job … careful masking ???

View attachment 624234

Good job. Veri entretaining projet. I have seen the post and looks good I like this type of stuff, you have freedom to do what you whant and you will not get ruined in the process👍

Last edited:
Good job. Veri entretaining projet. I have seen the post and looks good I like this type of stuff, you have freedom to do what you whant and you will not get ruined in the process👍
Well there was a moment yesterday when it didn't seem like fun! Fingers crossed this weekend we'll have a frame fork and stem all together....a proper visual ✌️

Back