Wanted Cheap 700c wheelset - Square Taper 130BCD Cranks - Long Drop Calipers

Hi everyone,

I have a rusty - but pretty - 1978 peugeot super competition, building it up as a ratty commuter/pub/weekend bike.

What i'm looking for:

700c Wheelset. Doesn't have to be too fancy but would like (if possible) black spokes/hubs/rims. 130mm rear hub.

Square Taper 130 BCD crankset. Sadly, it came with 1 very nice retro stronglight left hand arm and a not so nice unbranded drive side crank. Will be replacing them and reusing the rings.

Some long drop calipers, preferably 90s era. Has to be long drop to reach the braking surface on this frame. Removed the original centrepull peugeot calipers and will be drilling the frame to accomodate recessed nuts.

Based near York if you'd rather I picked up the wheels, happy to catch a train if you're not too far. Looking to do this on the cheap, so don't mind buying some scruffy parts that need some TLC.

Cheers!

Last edited:
I have a new Stronglight set of cranks that aren't going to be used - and some Bontrager wheels circa 2000 ish?
If they're of interest PM me

I have some Shimano BR-R600 brake calipers which are the long drop version (to 57mm) and Ultegra level. Need a deep clean and new pads, but otherwise fully functional.

you have PM!
Thanks for the PM, sent you a message back!

I have a new Stronglight set of cranks that aren't going to be used - and some Bontrager wheels circa 2000 ish?
If they're of interest PM me
I have some Shimano BR-R600 brake calipers which are the long drop version (to 57mm) and Ultegra level. Need a deep clean and new pads, but otherwise fully functional.
Thanks for the responses!

Interested in both your offerings, but I can't seem to be able to PM, I think due to being new on here. Would you both be able to drop me a PM? Sorry about that.

I have a pair of black Mavic CXP21 on Sora hubs with double butted spokes. A light tough wheelset I have used on my winter / Cross bike. Hubs filled with marine grease.
Little wear on rims. £65 posted. PM if interested.

Back