Carrera Hellcat. Any info?

Has taken me a while and I've not found the answer.

I'll attach a couple of pics of what I do have. The picture that @JayLC links at the start of the thread is shown in the 1999 catalogue. I've also got an older undated catalog which I presume is 1998 as everything has V-Brakes. Another Hellcat is shown, different frame and colour scheme.

So I'm going to make the assumption that the one you've got your hands on is either 2000 or 2001. HTH ...

Attachments

• 1999 PG1.jpg
    1999 PG1.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 11
  • 1999 PG2.jpg
    1999 PG2.jpg
    335.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 1998 PG1.jpg
    1998 PG1.jpg
    343.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 1992 PG2.jpg
    1992 PG2.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 11
Was there a photo and link in the first post of the thread? I guess this is the one:

Attachments

• Hellcat 1.jpg
    Hellcat 1.jpg
    422.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Hellcat 2.jpg
    Hellcat 2.jpg
    319 KB · Views: 10
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Was there a photo and link in the first post of the thread? I guess this is the one:
Yeas, that’s the one. I did have a picture but must have deleted it somehow.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Sorry for the post resurrection but the 1999 model in the original post was exactly the same as I bought new in early 2000, well almost.
The frame was not Urt like the one in the last set of pics. The pivot point was slightly above and behind the bottom bracket. The frame was made by Merida and featured 27 speed transmission, Suntour MG80 forks and Magura Louise hydraulic disc brakes on Magura hubs with Magura rotors.
Price was £750 which was not low end in 1999 though not high end either. Lots of bang for your buck and a pretty decent xc rig at the time.
I thought I was the beez whatsits at the time and it's the only bike I ever definitely hit 45mph on while screaming down a steep tarmac descent out of the Pentland hills near Edinburgh.
Unfortunately it had slightly too insubstantial pivot clamps for the swing arm that eventually cracked out of warranty. Fun while it lasted though😊

Back