Carlton or Viscount - which one for next project?!

Having just seen the Carlton Ten on eBay, it obviously needs A LOT of work :shock: :shock:
The one I was after sold for £450 but it was absolutely pukka in every way.
Not sure I'd want to pay £90 for this one though! Would be a hell of a restoration though.

Thanks for all the comments, some food for thought there. Sounds like the jury is still out - lots of enthusiasm for both bikes.

The Viscount is a little bit small for me really, although it is probably the better bike, whereas the Carlton is the right size and I like that colour scheme. I won't bid on it at £90, I'll go and have a look at it, and if it seems ok, I'll wait and see if the price drops - it has been relisted 3 times. I think £60-70 is a more realistic value, any complete bike is worth that in parts.

-----
Bruce

Thanks Mike, do you think that £90 is a reasonable price, assuming that nothing is too rusty?

This one does appear to be missing the front derailleur, and presumably the shifter as well. I plan to have a look at the bike later this week.

-----
Bruce

twosheds":h7rjp1g2 said:
Thanks Mike, do you think that £90 is a reasonable price, assuming that nothing is too rusty?

This one does appear to be missing the front derailleur, and presumably the shifter as well. I plan to have a look at the bike later this week.

-----
Bruce

From the image, not too shabby. I must say Ive always fancied a '531' Ten.

Re:

I've spent a lot of time giving this some serious thought today, when I should have been lawyering. On the one hand you're only a bit of elbow grease away from this kind of awesomeness:

10cobra-1.jpg

And flam orange / green is just a superb colour scheme...

Oh wow, this hobby is awesome!!

Unfortunately I don't have the trousers, or shirt, (or hair) to come near replicating that 70's scene!

I am waiting to hear when I can take a look at the Carlton, the Viscount is about 30 miles away and I don't have time to look at it this week. I'll see what the outcome of the Carlton is.

A bigger problem is that I don't yet have a 'kitchen pass' to bring another bike into the stable!

-----
Bruce

possibly the saddest reason ever, but I love the colour of that Carlton, I've thought of bidding for it myself...... You know you'll regret it if you don't :D

Back