For Sale Captain Cowell's Karma-larder Free-nominal Love-spreading Ding-Dong!.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright!Just because you'd like a bit of Grimsby in you!
You n Elton John🙄
👨‍🌾🤩 He's wearing his 'happy glasses' cos you brought the 3-prong.

What you hovering round here for anyway,already explained I'm not happy selling spares to anyone who;
A.Lives in an organic dwelling.
B.Wants an XTR 34.9mm mech for a John Deere mounted testicle clamp.When LX would do perfectly.
C.Uses vegetables like crayons.
D.Has a family tree that looks like a lamppost.
Should explain to onlookers that Elton John had an album track named 'Grimsby'.
I know,me neither🤷‍♂️.Google it.
I'm sure there's a line about having his fingers trapped in the piano while a crew of recently landed fishermen beat him with a haddock.
Matt loves a good Grimsby fact;).
As funny as that was...
There is only one fact that matters when it comes to Grimsby. Tells you everything you need to know.
Even the seagulls fly upside down because it’s not worth shitting on.

Attachments

• A4EFC29A-89FB-4090-9276-F34EB0A7B576.jpeg
    A4EFC29A-89FB-4090-9276-F34EB0A7B576.jpeg
    63 KB · Views: 17
Wondered when fake news would make an entrance🙄.Nice to see we’re upgraded to city though!
You can go back to playing with your twin sissy in the mirror now.👩‍❤️‍👩

Sorry for the delay

To much to choose from,.. the Green Manitou forks as the steerer is long enough for my frames..
Or the XT brake levers for that bike...
Or the CrudCatcher to bolt to the PACE F3 and keep me a little bit cleaner.
Or.. I'll stop looking...

Modern XT brake levers I guess then.

Nominate @kingoffootball
He gave a lot of his stuff away last year (or two) as he was going on exciting work abroad and still plans to do many more.
Always helpful, turns up on any old bike out of shape and still is goes on for longer than any of us. Has projects ongoing as for years...
Loves old none mainstream bikes.
That and I think he must have completed his challenge of going down every footpath and bridleway on our local map. A challenge I remember him setting himself back when I first went to his house. All marked out on a big area map.

Thanks FluffyChicken!
They're yours.
That's some challenge to set yourself,will be interested to hear if he did complete it yet.
I asked you to nominate as you were already on the list when AndyB nominated you.
Just a note on the green Stroker forks,priority will be going to the member that asked me about them in the past.If he can be found!
And for all your great (probably thankless) work on the Archive section you can have the clear Crudcatcher too.
Can give it all to AndyB if you want to save on postage,otherwise drop me a PM with your address.At your own risk! 😂
Thanks again!
@kingoffootball ! If you'd like to take your pick when you're ready,once you've let me know I'll post my next nomination.

Thank you FluffyChicken!

I have been enjoying reading this excellent thread - great idea and great karma. I especially like the fact it provides a little more colour about retrobikers so we learn a little more about them. Although I have been reading the thread, I hadn't looked carefully at the parts on offer, so I now feel underprepared for a difficult choice 😅

As Ben said, I was working abroad last year (Indonesia - not easy to find retrobikes) and intend to work abroad again soon. On that basis, I should focus on parts I need, rather than want just because they are cool. The bikes/frames I couldn't bear myself to part with are in storage, but I have currently got out my long-serving '91 Karakoram Elite as a primary mode of transport. Since I am unexpectedly still in the UK now the days are longer and weather (slightly) better I am also hoping to get another bike finished (possibly the Aende or one of the Scapins) so I can go for a few proper rides off-road before I leave again. Therefore, I should pick something on that basis ...... which comes down to either an HG93 chain to replace the stretched chain on my Karakoram or something that I don't have for finishing another bike ..... which would be a decent set of off-road tyres.

Therefore, I will choose the Racing Ralphs (assuming they are a pair) and offer my grateful thanks for both the great karma and thread.

To add to what FluffyChicken said, I have still never built up the first or second frame I bought after joining here, my Scapin TR-X (I can't rememeber whether it came before or after the Zaskar) and some of my other builds are threatening to be as slow, not helped by me spending time abroad. The map - painstakingly pieced together with A3 printouts - had every footpath in the area highlighted in yellow and certainly helped me find a lot of new places to explore, but unfortunately I don't think I quite rode every one before it met its demise (beer spillage from a drunken reveller 🙄).

Looking forward to reading all the forthcoming nominations.

Thanks for that kingoffootball! Great write-up 👍.As mentioned,good to hear a little background on the different members here.There really is something for everyone on this site.
The pair of Ralphs are yours! Drop me a PM to let me know what you want to do re postage/pass on/pickup.I'll say £6 if they're posted,should cover it,they fold pretty well.

The next nomination is to one of our female members.It's a pretty male orientated scene so always good to see we haven't scared all the lasses off.Although to be fair there could be a much larger female contingent than we know!
I bought a set of Marin Lite tyres from this person for a very reasonable price.A nice,upbeat,friendly manner,and a pleasure to deal with.They turned up and were perfect,top condition.Gave a big boost to my IFT build in the early days of harvesting.Funny,every set of 90's tan-walls I've seen have dried out.Every set of these I've had have been good as new.Good job I prefer blackwalls (controversy!).
@LikeClockwork ,have a pick and give us a nom! 😁👍

In the interest of getting things moving,the next nomination is a new member on here.I can't tell you much about him but I'm pretty sure I know what he'll pick⚙️.Maybe he'd like to tell us a little bit about himself/his bike?
Welcome to the forum @Spatula !Stake your claim,sing us a song,post a pic,whatever you like.If you have someone you want to nominate that's great.If not,don't sweat it.Would happily accept a random nom.

Thank you Captain, my pleasure. I recently purchased a 1998 Litespeed Unicoi. Without much Vintage bicycle restoration experience, I resolved to restore this bike 100% soup to nuts. It was soon evident to me that parts for these dinosaurs were not as readily available as I expected them to be and, when you do find the part you need it could be quite expensive. The equipped XTR M951 chainrings (although useable) do not meet my standards. Thus began my search. It occurred to me to join this forum as I am also a member of a motorcycle forum that has provided me with information and knowledge to keep my vintage bike on the road, and actually turn it into a raging monster. With that said, I did not expect to stumble on the component I need in such a humbling manner. So for those of you who are still awake, I'll kindly take the crank. The bike is totally dismantled at the moment, I'll post a pic of the bike from the listing. In regards to picking the next nominee, I would like to select Brocklanders023.
Again, I am honored. Thank you Captain.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 10
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back