Wanted Cannondale M500 early 90s, grey, small

Miles

Devout Dirtbag
Hi,

Ridiculously specific request but if you don't ask...

Basically my dad bought a (I think '92) M500 in grey from Baretto's Bikes in Plymouth , Devon which is what got me (aged 8-9) in to mountainbiking.

It was stolen off the back of the car after a ride on Dartmoor whilst he was in Sainsbury's (embarrassing bit is both my brother and I were in the car) in the mid 90s.

Anyway I would love to get him as similar bike as I can (the only modification were some purple (obviously ) Onza barends.

Any leads would be massively appreciated.

Many thanks,

Miles

Have you got a picture of the exact one you are after. I have a grey early 90's Cannondale, in small, but I cant remember the model number. It was the wifes but not been used in years so I would be open to selling the frame, ,forks, stem, if its the one you are after. I may even have the original wheels, I cant remember now, but the groupset is long gone and it's running XC Pro which I would want to keep.

Raidan73 - yes that's the one!

gtturbo - any info you have on this bike would be amazing. It's a dark grey with steel forks (was the lower end model so didn't have pepperoni forks).

Thank you so much both.

I'm fairly certain the one I have is what Raidan73 has posted above. It does indeed have the 1" threaded steel forks. Let me dig it out at the weekend and post up some pictures.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thank you Retro_Roy. Unfortunately that's a little large. Finding a small one has been a challenge!

Many thanks for taking the time to post this.

Kind regards

Miles

@Miles something a bit like this ?. Size is about 14" c to c or 17" c to the top of the seat tube. I would say its a year newer than the one pictured above as mine has the removable seatpost collar. I do indeed have the original wheels, LX on Araya rims, so could do you a deal on frame,forks,stem, wheels, headset and bb.

20220306_140549.jpg

Attachments

• 20220306_140554.jpg
    20220306_140554.jpg
    754.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 20220306_140600.jpg
    20220306_140600.jpg
    529.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220306_140632.jpg
    20220306_140632.jpg
    790.1 KB · Views: 10
@Miles something a bit like this ?. Size is about 14" c to c or 17" c to the top of the seat tube. I would say its a year newer than the one pictured above as mine has the removable seatpost collar. I do indeed have the original wheels, LX on Araya rims, so could do you a deal on frame,forks,stem, wheels, headset and bb.

View attachment 609075
Thanks for these ! I'm pretty sure it's the same as i think I remember the 500 being orange .

I've PM'd you.

Kind regards

Miles

Back