Cannondale M1000 1991 Build ( Cannondale 1MB )

Super nice, not sure about the stem, and I like the look of Amber walls, but still fantastic build

Nice to see a dale wearing campag

Black seatpost? But lovely, like Nick says; Campag on a 'Dale is just right somehow :cool: odd really as you perhaps wouldn't expect US & Italian brands to gel so well - definitely think that they do though!

Re:

Just some more info.
The headset looks 1" to me, so it is a pre 1992 frame. And SM, not M, as someone told.
It definitely is a Beast of the East, but in the colors of the SM1000. So not original painting?
The difference between the SM1000 and the 1MB were the decals. The first had black decals whereas the Campa bike had blue decals.
Very nice frame/bike!

Re: Re:

Beta":3dd82j0k said:
Just definitely is a Beast of the East, but in the colors of the SM1000. So not original painting?

In 1991, you could buy frameset alone and buiding the biking with parts you wanted. But you could choose between 2 geometries ( Beast if the East it top level) and in 2 colors : grey "jet fighter" or blue " pearl highlight". In ither hand, nothing is written on the top tube, as the framesets sold alone. On other bikes, SM1000, SM800... was written

I don't get those mile and a half rear dropouts on these frames. What's the idea behind that?

Last edited:
I remember a mate got a 1mb back in late 1990. I was well into my road bikes back then and remember being astounded by the (new at the time) campag 8 speed on it, as it had only just come out. First time I saw the campag cassette hub too..looked massive after being used to the skinny Shimano freehub we were used too. A lovely machine!

Back