Cannondale Alpine Series info?

DirtWizard

Retro Newbie
Hello all! This is pretty much my first real post here. I picked up a Cannondale Alpine Series and would like to know more about it. It's an alloy frame with chromoly fork and Exage groupset.

Maybe a dumb question, but is the what are the "dents" on the chainstays for? They are on both sides.

Edit: Sorry, I answered my own questions easily with a little tool called "Google".

http://vintagecannondale.com/year/1988/1988.pdf

Page 30, 1988 Cannondale SM500 "Blueberry" colorway, made in Bedford Pennsylvania

Any more details about it would be cool

yuqh2V8.jpg

5Z7MGWn.jpg

vg4tIRI.jpg

NI6Gpnt.jpg

Xy9z6GI.jpg

TahZyfn.jpg

Re:

That’s in great condition...lovely bike!

Blue one was a little rarer than the white and red one with the custom graphics.

The dents are to improve frame clearance

Re: Re:

Antstark":28jzmklc said:

Blue one was a little rarer than the white and red one with the custom graphics.

Thanks! The frame does have quite a few spots of touch up paint but otherwise everything is in excellent condition.

I put on RaceFace Chester pedals, RedMonkey Karv foam grips, and a different saddle. Also ordered some Schwalbe Hurricane tires and Presta tubes for it.

It looks like the wheels are not the stock wheels listed in the catalog; they say Weinmann/Made in USA on them.

Re: Re:

Yeah the rims should be Sun Levanter

These make really fast commuting bikes .

DirtWizard":a3bw4z68 said:
Antstark":a3bw4z68 said:

Thanks! The frame does have quite a few spots of touch up paint but otherwise everything is in excellent condition.

I put on RaceFace Chester pedals, RedMonkey Karv foam grips, and a different saddle. Also ordered some Schwalbe Hurricane tires and Presta tubes for it.

It looks like the wheels are not the stock wheels listed in the catalog; they say Weinmann/Made in USA on them.

Back