Campagnolo replacement chain rings?

bagpuss

rBotM Winner
Can any one advise on a suitable replacement
The middle ring on my Record 10 speed square taper triple is worn out.
The BCD is 130 , with 5 bolts .one of these is on the back of the crank arm .
Wiggle list a TA one but state it will not fit a Campagnolo chain set.
What are my options .
Thank you in advance

Campag is 135mm pcd not 130mm.

Are you sure TA don't fit? Works fine for mine (alloy triple) and Record doubles.

The only Campag oddity with the concealed bolt is on recent 110mm chainsets, where the 5th bolt is on a slightly different radius...1mm further out I think.

Re:

If it's campag, it's 135 BCD, everyone else is 130.
Spa cycles in Harrogate will have what you want at different quality/price points. I've always found the basic stronglight ones ok

since it's triple, I imagine it's the alloy version? I think it should be a standard 135 BCD chainring, not 130mm (which will be why wiggle say the 130 will not fit)

carbon version has one bolt a little off-set so needs either the proper chainring, or some filing

something like this should work fine: https://www.spacycles.co.uk/m8b0s149p40 ... cral-Inner

Re:

Thank you everyone for your input .I really do need new glasses :facepalm:
Have removed chain set from bike now for cleaning etc .
TA 135 bcd middle ring on its way .
Also considering changing the big ring {50t} to a TA 48t which will suit my type of riding more. However it has plenty of wear in it still so it will have to wait .

One last question my rear mech needs new jockey wheels .
It is a long cage Record 10 speed {Carbon centre with an alloy cage}
I have some Campagnolo 9 speed jockey wheels to hand. Can I use these to replace the present ones?

£95 for one chain ring :shock: That is taking the p. £35 for TA
Tempted by the comp triple, I think the boss would go into meltdown :LOL:

probably, but if they're a different thickness then you might need some different screws for them too. The chain will work fine on them, I'd fit them and see, if they don't bind on the cage then they should be fine

Back