Sorted Campagnolo Centaur rear hub 36H + rubber Q/R skewers.

boy"O"boy

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Hi all.
I'm after a pair of Campagnolo Centaur hubs in 36H flavour. 135mm rear axle type.
Freehub type for cassette rather than screw-on please. If they have the Q/R skewers.. even better! :cool: 👍

Here's a pic of what I'm after.

Cheers
boy"O"boy CFA4F6F3-DA54-4354-AEB6-897C54D4FB86.jpeg.jpg

Bump'in up.

Front hub sourced. 👍 ;)

Still looking for the rear hub in 36H.

Would any Campagnolo experts know.....is the Euclid '91 essentially the same as a centaur or is there a subtle difference? They all seem to look the same!? 🤔 :oops: Apart from rear axle length, is there anyway of telling a road from a mtb hub with freewheel?

Also now after the rubber handled skewers in black or grey if anyone has a pair available?

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

Last edited:
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Bump'in up.

Front hub sourced. 👍 ;)

Still looking for the rear hub in 36H.

Would any Campagnolo experts know.....is the Euclid '91 essentially the same as a centaur or is there a subtle difference? They all seem to look the same!? 🤔 :oops: Apart from rear axle length, is there anyway of telling a road from a mtb hub with freewheel?

Also now after the rubber handled skewers in black or grey if anyone has a pair available?

Cheers.
boy"O"boy
I had the same challenge when sourcing the Campag kit for my Explosif. All I could do was study the catalogue images, then compare and contrast to what was out there for buying. The differences are subtle enough between road and mtb (such as a metal bearing covers instead of plastic), so I suspect the actual difference between Centaur and Euclid hubs may be even less if there are any!
The key to your sourcing is finding a seller that can and is willing to measure the axle length for you, as the standard was 135mm (and 36H).

If you want to take a look, I've got a close up of my rear hub in my Explosif build-thread, and for me it looks close enough to being a '90/'91 Euclid item. Or Centaur. 🤣

I had the same challenge when sourcing the Campag kit for my Explosif. All I could do was study the catalogue images, then compare and contrast to what was out there for buying. The differences are subtle enough between road and mtb (such as a metal bearing covers instead of plastic), so I suspect the actual difference between Centaur and Euclid hubs may be even less if there are any!
The key to your sourcing is finding a seller that can and is willing to measure the axle length for you, as the standard was 135mm (and 36H).

If you want to take a look, I've got a close up of my rear hub in my Explosif build-thread, and for me it looks close enough to being a '90/'91 Euclid item. Or Centaur. 🤣
More confused than ever now Pete! 🤦‍♂️ 😂
You've listed yours as Euclid in your build thread- not that it matters...the Explosif is a top build anyway! 😎😎

If I look at the rear one on my Endeavour....it looks very much like the one in the 1st eBay ad.
Same metal band round the centre....8spd cassette, but it could be on a 7spd block?
Was there a difference? Axle is a 135mm.

Maybe mine isn't a Centaur? - Maybe it's a later Record OR?

Maybe yours is Centaur and not Euclid?

Maybe I should stop worrying and buy the 1st one anyway as it's the same as the one on the Endeavour anyway!! 🤦‍♂️;)🤣🤣....and I've got a spare 135mm axle I could just swap out?

(Guaranteed it won't be as easy as that!🤦‍♂️)

boy"O"boy
296238EC-C1D9-4FD7-832C-4C957535BE74.jpeg.jpg 20210504_193028.jpg 20210504_193041.jpg

😂 Yep it’s challenge alright!

I was aiming for mine to be Euclid.

Having established that Euclid and Centaur groupset were the only mtb groups on offer in ‘90 - and they didn’t change in ‘91 (but more groups were introduced), and by comparing the images in the ‘91 catalogue in the Archive, I couldn’t really tell the difference between the two so am happy that mine was/is Euclid or Centaur.

The silver spacer band is the only real visual differentiator to the hubs in the other ranges, and being 135 set it aside from being a road hub.

So I would just go for what you are happy will be close enough visually - as I’m sure no one is going to know to check the internal workings to establish if it isn’t what you want it to be! 🤪

Back