Gold Trader
rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Claud Butler Fan
VCC Claud Butler ME
Feedback
View
Come on chaps, the new format isn’t all that difficult to get your head around, and I know you’re all out there as Facebook is full of vintage stuff being shared, posted, discussed etc etc...
There’s even a healthy bunch of newbies here trying their best to revive old build threads with just silence as a response.

Last edited:
Why don’t you start with a pic of your current fave? Perhaps the thread will attract others.

build it and they will come..........

I am a road man with lots of projects/potential items for sale . Unfortunately I am very lazy and need to get my finger out. For six months I worked at Orange in Halifax making the frames so I know a little about mountain bikes. The mountain bike guys here on Retrobike make a lot of informative posts and there seems to be a good community vibe which is great thank you.

Agree, would be nice to see more engagement on the road side.

It is on the list to try and do a bit more with social media but open to ideas !

Agree, would be nice to see more engagement on the road side.

It is on the list to try and do a bit more with social media but open to ideas !
The MTB stuff you put on FB & Instagram all seem to get well received. Although the road stuff is possibly more widespread with lots of one brand groups...
But I think a few posts as you’ve already done for BotM might work, maybe a spread that reflects the near 100 year range? I know it’s easy enough me typing this...😃 and it’s another thing finding the time to actually do it.

I had a break and came back with some new builds and as you say haven't received many comments or views, really doesn't seem as active as it once was that's for sure. Facebook groups are very busy places. I like the new format far easier to upload pics.

Have the numbers dropped that much to motivate such a thread?

On the road side, I am always in awe about the collective knowledge spanning umpteen decades and decades, over many
brands spanning many countries. There are a few "stalwarts" that I always enjoy reading their contributions helping people
with their attempts to rescue stuff.

I agree with Peachy, that it's time we need a spring shake up :)
If all the stalwarts start posting and sharing their rides I am sure it will encourage the new members to join in.
I have been super busy at work this last month but will make a big effort to get things back on track as it will make a difference, especially once John and Peachy start getting them flooding in from facebook :)

Jamie

Back