Cable Guide - Hmm looks wrong to me?

Re:

Powster, you may be learning the hard way, but you post some of the clearest most illustrative photos on this forum, and that has to give anyone following in your footsteps a much easier time.

Keep up the good (?) work.

Re:

Becoming a bit of an epic this.

I have an old Shimano BB cable guide that allows about 1cm lateral movement. Guess SJS or
Ebay would have something like
it.

I guess mighty Raleigh went alone
and did there own non standard thing. Futile and needless, but they did it (nothing to stop you making another hole).

EDIT: You should be able to place some Teflon gear inner through the BB guide prior to the wire inner. Just sticks out each end by about 10cm or so. This will improve shifting and protect the cable from crap and cut down your maintenance.

Cheers NeilM - Yep it is a bit time consuming doing the images in Photoshop but like you say, for anyone else needing answers hopefully it will be invaluable to them. I owe a great lot to you guys and your knowledge, only fair I give back best I can :)

Thanks Sand_Dune :) yep shes really close now, another week perhaps and I will get my first ride, after shes had a bath and a photoshoot. I'll do a vid and bang a link up on ere when shes complete.

Thanks for the tip Woz, yeah I have seen that inner cable sheath, I'll get some :)

Cheers guys appreciate all ya help and advice.

Latest posts

Back