Brake lever suggestions anyone

I thought Gruff had sold the frame? if you bought it that makes it your C16r you are building ;) :)

There are a few ways you can run canti's with those forks! There are a few levers that match the canti's or you could just use rapidfire units and not worry about matching every part. The canti's are good so a decent shimano lever unit will give you good brakes.

Personally i really like Magura brakes, but the bike is yours, its you that needs to be happy with it :)

I also like black components, if you use a black seatpost the cranks etc will look fine :cool:

Main thing is you start a build thread and post plenty of pics :D

Mark

mkone":owy7t949 said:

There are a few ways you can run canti's with those forks! ...

Mark
There are, but that is not what the reflector hole was designed for.

The cantis really need to go on something 92/93ish ;-)

FluffyChicken":jtlps1b3 said:
mkone":jtlps1b3 said:

Mark

Reflector hole? maybe use a headset cable hanger, for example!? ;)

And since the OP is considering using x1 setup i doubt he is worried about years :) The canti.s look good on the bike and the bike is designed for canti's, sooo...

Mark

mkone":1u4j4ueb said:
FluffyChicken":1u4j4ueb said:
mkone":1u4j4ueb said:

Mark

And since the OP is considering using x1 setup i doubt he is worried about years :) The canti.s look good on the bike and the bike is designed for canti's, sooo...

Mark

Mark, you can't use a headset cable hanger with suspension forks, the cable will slacken as the fork compresses ;)

mkone":1e7vzain said:
FluffyChicken":1e7vzain said:
mkone":1e7vzain said:

Mark

Mark
But the forks are not!
And you can't use headset hangers with these modern fangled forks that move up and down.

Gruff":jhonin98 said:
Mark, you can't use a headset cable hanger with suspension forks, the cable will slacken as the fork compresses ;)

:LOL: :facepalm: Yes, your right, the amount of times ive built a frame and found that out at the end, and still hasnt sunk in :LOL:

Mark

I think I'm just gonna use the soles of my shoes just to prevent any further debate...

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

(Have actually gone with the Magura's- if I can get some replacement Rockshox decals in blue or yellow then it should be less offensive overall)

I don't have any, but some Polished/pewter 2 tone Avid SD's would go well without looking like your.e trying too hard.

Back