Boulder Defiant, one of my unicorn of the 90's...

Sorry mate, didn't mean to give you a headache over decisions.
You could always sell the bullseye hub to me😉
It will look amazing with a new spray job!
Ha Ha, no prob's, I'm not in a headache mode, well not yet (maybe later)... 😄

About the part's build, I've had the chance to find some parts in really nice condition when I received the bike. I preferred keep the present front & rear M735 derailleurs who were in VGC and came back to original shine with a complete rebuild and polishing (thanks for the help of my Dremel and Autosol tube...)

IMG_4627.JPG

IMG_4628.JPG

Also sourced from a bike recycle shop from Santa Ana, CA, a cool pair of Cook Bros E cranks. TBH I preferred a pair of E2 for the build, but they're period correct and in a nice shape, apart maybe the graphics slightly faded.

IMG_4466.jpeg

To complete it, a pair of Onza H.O who received the same treatment as XT derailleurs, complete rebuild and polishing...

IMG_4522.jpeg

IMG_4524.jpeg

More to come... 😉

Following with interest - always liked the look of these. Looking forward to seeing more

Damm, I was watching that frame for a long time. Glad it’s gone to a good home, can’t wait to see more of this as I love Boulders.

A quick update. Return of the Judy... 🤣
After a complete rebuild of the Judy internals (cartridge, springs), it's time now to give it a small lifting of the externals...
First, a good polishing of the crown. For the occasion, I buy a polishing machine with rotative wheels at a good price here : https://toolsidee.co.uk/product/hbm-150-mm-hobby-polishing-machine-P3774.html

Fair price and do the job.. ;)

IMG_4651.JPG IMG_4652.JPG

To continue, a good dry & wet sanding from 400 to 1000 grit to remove all the small marks, especially on the right lower..

IMG_4648.jpeg

Ready now (I hope) for the 2K varnish spray...

IMG_4650.jpeg

At this time, I put two coats on it and they're on cure... Result tomorrow... (please, pray for me !!! :LOL:)

Thanks for following... More to come... ;)

Back