Bottom bracket advice

Jan Ewing

Retro Newbie
Hi , (if this thread is in the wrong section I'll apologise now) Sorry x
So.... I really need some advice on what size bottom bracket to get or how to measure properly for one ..... I've got a pace rc200 f3 16" and I want to use a set of specialized strong arm cranks that I have already got ,which have a square taper , what size bottom bracket do I need ?
Help please xxx

There are two variables you need to measure. Firstly the bottom bracket shell will be either 68mm or 73mm. Just measure the external width of the BB shell to determine this, although I'm pretty sure that for an RC200 frame it will be 68mm.

Secondly you need to measure the BB axle length. Remove the cranks and measure the length from tip to tip. This is a little difficult due to the BB shell getting in the way.

I have a feeling the Specialized cranks will be either 110mm or 113mm though.

One of these in the appropriate size should be ideal: --> http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=17473

Hi , sorry I should have said ... It doesn't have a bottom bracket at all as I got it frame only , I no it's a 68mm but I don't know what length
Cheers x

If ive got this right, you will need the 68 ( frame shell lenght) plus the depth of both cranks if that makes sense ? I'm sure someone will say if ive got it wrong

Back