Bottecchia Equipe

just a white plastic bag folded :) the reason I put a regal on was due to the catalog picture I was building to

Attachments

• BottCat2.jpg
    BottCat2.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 565
Re:

Of all the things - a white plastic bag! a very cunning plan - works very well.
Ah yes, the catalogue cover - I deliberately avoided going down that road as you've already done it.
Can I ask; how have determined that yours is a 1991 frame?

Re: Re:

FINNEY1973":6u0ewyo1 said:
Of all the things - a white plastic bag! a very cunning plan - works very well.
Ah yes, the catalogue cover - I deliberately avoided going down that road as you've already done it.
Can I ask; how have determined that yours is a 1991 frame?

Because I bought off a friend in the winter of 1991 who bought it new, it was my race bike till 1995 its even done a Premier Calendar race with me on it :)

Re:

ah, fair do's - I thought you may have deciphered the number on the frame as a reference to year of construction. obviously not as you've owned for many a moon! I'd love to see these bikes being raced in anger again.

worth a call/email to Bottecchia they will know, god they were heavy looking back, that last year I raced it I swapped out to an Alan carbon 9 with that new fangled Campagnolo Ergo shifters with dual pivot brakes worlds and a couple of kilos apart! happy memories :)

Re:

I may just do that, although I thought Bottecchia was a completely different company these days? Didn't the original go belly up? I'm sure i've watched one of the Italian Masters programmes on the bike channel talking about the failure of the company post Lemond.

Mine's a bit on the portly side - I was surprised it's as heavy as it is, not that it detracts from the quality of the ride.

Lovely! MS is pretty rare! Love it!

Just to throw in my 20p,
Would do,
Brooks white leather bar tape
White leather San Marco regal seat
Campagnolo aero polished seat post

Re:

Cheers Cooker. I'm going to strip the seatpost and get it polished, so all silver. bartape needs to be spoiled and dirtied then I'll get it altered to plain white. Saddle is staying though, unless I can find a white flite. I have a white regal on my Mercian and i'm not overly keen on the shape, find it a bit uncomfortable.

Been in touch with Bottechia UK - lovely chap Steve has been more than helpful. He contacted Bottecchia in Italy and they've confirmed that records from this era no longer exist which is a shame. However, he had a contact who knows his Bottecchia's and he's stated mine is a 90/91 frame. That narrows it down nicely.

Rode it up to the start of the Women's TOB depart last saturday - the mechanics and team folk from the Ale Cipollini squad where all over the bike - not speaking Italian and they not speaking English meant we had to use Anna Trevisi as an interpreter - that had it's benefits ;) :LOL:

Latest posts

Back