BoTM BotM October 2021 nominations thread

Bike of The Month
You should win for the added challenge you have set.

And the bike should win for simply looking like an ex racers bike from the Mountain bike world cup bitd.

Nice to see something different too.
Thanks Carl!

Just to make up the numbers (as not much love for Italian MTB's)
Probably the rarest bike I've come across - if anyone can find me a fillet brazed Columbus Genius MTB I'll give you 50p - if you can find another Venturi MTB I'll give you an extra 20p)

Ibbz Venturi Koue "Genius". Year unknown - but I guess from 1992 - 1994.

Build Thread

View attachment 577452

View attachment 577453
Absolutely stunning that is. Such a great break away from the normal entries. Super sleek and high quality! A true race bike...

Just to make up the numbers (as not much love for Italian MTB's)
Probably the rarest bike I've come across - if anyone can find me a fillet brazed Columbus Genius MTB I'll give you 50p - if you can find another Venturi MTB I'll give you an extra 20p)

Ibbz Venturi Koue "Genius". Year unknown - but I guess from 1991 - 1993.
I think in ‘93 we had the majority of competition race bikes with front suspension and Columbus Genius was released in 1991. This was raced by one R. Sorci - if anyone knows who he is/was please let me know!
Build Thread

View attachment 577452

View attachment 577453

:cool: clean build, not bad photos either.

:cool: clean build, not bad photos either.
Thanks mate - I used a 100mm portrait lens - as I noticed phone cam lenses distort and haven’t the reach to take photos with the right perspective.

Glad this got entered @ibbz! Such an amazing looking and fully unique bike. Final photos have done it the world of justice too.

Still glad the white saddle and foam Ritchey grips made the cut!

Jimi911's 1983 Mountain Goat

Jimi911's 1983 Mountain Goat

Simply stunning!

Back