BoTM BotM December 2021 - nominations

Bike of The Month
I know DH bikes aren't that common or liked here, but here's some content on the excellent BotM competition!

Replica of Nicolas Vouilloz 1996 GT thermoplastic LTS prototype.

Build thread and some story behind it can be found here: Nico Vouilloz GT replica

p5pb21824563.jpg

p5pb21824568.jpg

Pardon my ignorance. Isn't this a 97 STS DH frame?

Great bike. Love the Thermoplast's.

(Edit: Oh, sorry, should have read the other thread first. So it is a STS DH. It's very good looking. I love it.)

Last edited:
Pardon my ignorance. Isn't this a 97 STS DH frame?

Great bike. Love the Thermoplast's.

(Edit: Oh, sorry, should have read the other thread first. So it is a STS and it has a crack. Still. Its very good looking. I love it.)

Yes, it is explained in the build thread :) The proto team bikes they used in -96 were pretty similar to STS DH, but badged as LTS because STS was not branded yet. This has been a complex conversation subject with a lot of guys during the Autumn 😅

Yes, it is explained in the build thread :) The proto team bikes they used in -96 were pretty similar to STS DH, but badged as LTS because STS was not branded yet. This has been a complex conversation subject with a lot of guys during the Autumn 😅
Im confused. So it is a normal production STS 97/98 but you have stickered it LTS so it looks like Nicolas Vouilloz 1996 GT thermoplastic LTS prototype....? YES...?

I know DH bikes aren't that common or liked here, but here's some content on the excellent BotM competition!

Replica of Nicolas Vouilloz 1996 GT thermoplastic LTS prototype.

Build thread and some story behind it can be found here: Nico Vouilloz GT replica

p5pb21824563.jpg

p5pb21824568.jpg

That's incredible! I like what you've done with it, creating the prototype. Even though yours is not strictly a prototype, it's still cool AF.

Im confused. So it is a normal production STS 97/98 but you have stickered it LTS so it looks like Nicolas Vouilloz 1996 GT thermoplastic LTS prototype....? YES...?
I was hoping the build thread explained things well enough, but apologies if my story was a mess. So yes, this is not the exact prototype they used. I don’t know if any has even survived to this date. The STS DH is really close to the prototype and the closest thing you can use for a replica build. I believe the purpose of a replica is to look like the original one without being one?

I was hoping the build thread explained things well enough, but apologies if my story was a mess. So yes, this is not the exact prototype they used. I don’t know if any has even survived to this date. The STS DH is really close to the prototype and the closest thing you can use for a replica build. I believe the purpose of a replica is to look like the original one without being one?
No it was me being thick as usual, you did a great job...! :cool:

Wao, very nice builts this month in this area.

If some one has a 1998 ride and whant to show in the bike of the month 1998 area, it will be well come :)

Back