BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Rocky Mountain Fan
Brodie Fan
Feedback
View
A cop out of a special month for December. Any (post 97) mtb goes but your pic must be festive (open to interpretation I know). These things usually backfire on me but hey ho!

Usual rules apply otherwise http://www.retrobike.co.uk/wiki/BoTM_Rules

It's useful for the poll if you can structure your nomination as follows:

username's Year Manufacturer Model , e.g. John's 1990 Kona Lavadome
Image(s) MAXIMUM OF 2
Finally please include a link to your machine in the relevant Reader's Bikes section. If you don't have an existing post now is the time to add one with as much detail as you like!

Nominations thread will run for the entire month. Entries submitted after December 31st will not be counted. The poll will go up shortly after the nominations close and will run for a week.

Nobody feeling festive? My most festive looking bike is a '94... If I'm the only one to enter, accidentally using this pre '98 bike, will I be dq'd?

Cheer up, we're already at Chrismast !!!Perhaps If Some one starts, more people enter with their bicycles.

I have take some photos during a ride to see some of my city chrismas things. A nice morning.

Madjh Element 70 2006.

1madjh.jpeg

Last edited:
I guess this signals the beginning of the end for the 98 BotM competition, again. I'll run January's competition, with a view to kicking it into touch unless there's decent response.

@madjh is December's winner by default. Not they way he wanted to win I'm sure - but the badge will be yours nonetheless mate

I don't think one quiet month with a niche theme (no disrespect) is an indicator of the competition being dead. In a normal month I have photos and build threads ready to go for half a dozen bikes and usually one of them at least will fit the criteria. This theme just wasn't practical to fulfill as I forgot my tinsel at home for a few rides in a row.
I think a few of us would be sad to see the post 98 BOTM disappear again.

Hopefully it's just a case of the theme backfiring on me, hence running the competition in January. Hopefully we'll see an improvement in numbers

I guess this signals the beginning of the end for the 98 BotM competition, again. I'll run January's competition, with a view to kicking it into touch unless there's decent response.

@madjh is December's winner by default. Not they way he wanted to win I'm sure - but the badge will be yours nonetheless mate
I was waiting Madmax1993 photo and perhaps some more photos because people is building someting ... but no. I was tempted to retire but maybe someone upload some photos in the last minute.
I prefer to see more beautys, win is not the target. A bit of chat, some nice bicycles and photos. But this month was empty.

The badge ... it is a sad badge. You can delete, a race of one person is not a race.

Last edited:
Back