Boot sale find benotto 2500: gravelly buildy thingy

Right, I have some plans already:

I’m going to strip the frame to bare metal and polish it up to the best of my ability. With the rust dimples being left as “patina”

Frame decals are a tenner on eBay. Blue ones

Continue with blue details like bar tape, cable housing, some ano details.

I think I can get this finished within 2 weeks. Can I get this done in time for this months rbotm? (If there is one?)

I am green with envy, mate.

Well done! Good to know the bike is going to get the TLC it deserves.
Cheers 🥂

I think the starting price was £400 on Facebook when I first saw it a month ago, then I think someone told him it wasn’t worth that much and he relisted it at £80. Then I see it at the boot sale for £30 and he says he can deliver it straight to the door!

Anyway I am chuffed with this. I’ll strip the paint slap on some decals and use it as a rider. I’ll start collecting some chorus parts to match the seatpost and do a parts swap on the bike in the near future.

Reactions: Woz
Is it me or would chorus graphite look really good on this?

So today I started stripping it at a rust spot on the chainstay and it’s not at all as bad as I thought. No rust at all has effected the frame. (Apart from under the bb shell, which is knackered, but you can’t see it anyway) and I’ll be giving it a go with some paint stripper. Stripped it on the seatstay lugs and it seems the logo has been ground off so there is probably a likelyhood that this bike was stolen?🤷‍♂️ But that’s just me. Also the serial was probably ground off as well as all I can see is a very faint 5/6 right next to the rear mech cable routing.

But frame looks in good shape and probably dark enough for my liking. New decals are a tenner off eBay😁

Reactions: Woz
Right, I have some plans already:

I’m going to strip the frame to bare metal and polish it up to the best of my ability. With the rust dimples being left as “patina”

Frame decals are a tenner on eBay. Blue ones

Continue with blue details like bar tape, cable housing, some ano details.

I think I can get this finished within 2 weeks. Can I get this done in time for this months rbotm? (If there is one?)
Bare metal will rust after one ride in the UK. No clear coating or BLO treatment will prevent that, provided you intend to actually ride it.

Back