Boot sale find benotto 2500: gravelly buildy thingy

Can't give a positive ID, but will say this, and I stand corrected by more knowledgeable peeps:
- Lates 80s or 90s
- I think the BB shell is Cinelli
- The braze on gear cable stop requires a special ferrule from Campag
- The frame seems better than the 105 gruppo
- The Campag seat-post is most likely Chorus. The seat-post alone even in the state it's in is worth what you paid for the whole bike.
- Rims and hubs all good and nothing to complain about. At a guess it may be a Uniglide freehub.

Pretty sure this will be a great rider. Some pictures of the handle bar and stem would be good, I suspect Italian race grade.
And there is the wings I'm thinking in the dropout.

I’ll get some better pictures tomorrow guys, it’s in the garage at the moment. I’ll scrape off the paint on the dropouts and bb shell

Do you have any info on this tube set? I can’t really find any on it

Out of my knowledge league I'm afraid. Someone here will most certainly know. This type of frame may have been popular in the golden handbuilt era, but I'm confident it was not something banged out from a large scale factory. The allen key brake mountings is something that can also help date the bike. Whip the brakes off and see if there is a small recess for the head of the allen bolt.

Other thing, whip the seat-clamp bolt out. The nut is a bit odd in a way (seems older) and may indicate something transitional before the Campag allen key.

😁

Back