Boost fork with a non boost wheel

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Not ideal, but I'm looking at upgrading a set of forks for my son's new to him build. I'm looking at a set of 27.5 forks which are boost, but wheels are not. I've looked into it and can see an adapter is needed to space the disc out, and a couple of spacers that make up the 3mm gap each side of the hub.

Any reason not to go down this route as I'm struggling to find a decent non-boost fork.

If I could find a black CSU (ideally black stanchions) for a Reba or revs I could build a fork and save me the hassle.

I'm thinking that at some point he'll outgrow the frame so having a boost fork will mean I can get a boost frame and wheels in the future, but will 27.5 still be a thing in a few years and would I be better off at that point going 29er?

I'm thinking that at some point he'll outgrow the frame so having a boost fork will mean I can get a boost frame and wheels in the future...
Makes sense. Not used the adapters myself but no reason it wouldn't be a simple solution to your problem, and leaves the fork compatible with boost wheels/frame in the future.
I think 27.5 will still be around, so no worries there.

I'd go boost fork with an adapter for sure, I used the wolftooth one with a set of forks I had with no problems.

Thanks all. The fork fell through, shame as was just the right one for the job with an adapter. Will keep looking.

the 27.5 fork market is dying. ongoing modern bikes will either be 29er front & rear. or mullet 27.5 rear, 29er front. so yes you'd be better off going 29er

Back