Bontrager yr/model help

frame is worth about £300, so definitely a good deal.

Get yourself a build thread going here, there's a cabal of of bontrager fans on the site with active builds going at that moment @pw_pw_la @benjabbi @Carge @Elfman to name a few, so you should join the club.

other things to bear in mind

1) fork is a 1" steerer so will be difficult to replace
2) the top decal panel is on back to front; the OR logo should be at the front of the frame - but its probably been like that from new.
3) "proper" cable routing for the rear mech is crossing on to the non-drive side and then under the wishbone stay rather than straight down like yours is set up.
I'd read about the 1" steerer and something about the fork crown being specially made or something .
I thought it was strange when I was researching that the top decal was the other way around 😂😂😂.
Handy to know about the routing too so thanks 👍 will definitely look at starting a build thread and have a look at the others too ,as said it's sat in the workshop patiently waiting for me to finish a a few other bikes at the moment all I've done is wash it so far 😬 gotta say I'm quite excited to get stuck into this one tho

@Tedgey, welcome to Bontrager ownership 😁 they are great bikes and you got yourself a proper bargain there.
Looks very original and in good condition, can't wait to see what you do with it. 👍

@Tedgey, welcome to Bontrager ownership 😁 they are great bikes and you got yourself a proper bargain there.
Looks very original and in good condition, can't wait to see what you do with it. 👍
Thanks man 👍when I spotted it in the rafters I said to my other half ....ohhhh that's interesting you don't see them very often I'd also spied the xt kit on it too,looking forward to getting started on it soon, I was pretty surprised how original it was when I got a closer look at it😁 main areas of concern are the forks at shagged.....feels like the elasometers are mush and the rear wheel is pretty dished on the brake surface.
I was actually just looking for you build thread on slackboys recommendation

As @slackboy suggested, I'd look into SRP springs for the forks, they are more expensive than replacement elastomers but ride better and don't degrade or change behaviour with temperature, so are well worth it in my opinion.

As for the rear rim, if you want to replace it with another Mustang all you can really do is keep a look out on eBay or the for sale section on here for a better one.

All my bikes are linked in my signature at the bottom of my posts. If you're on a phone if you turn it to landscape it will appear. 👍 😁

As @slackboy suggested, I'd look into SRP springs for the forks, they are more expensive than replacement elastomers but ride better and don't degrade or change behaviour with temperature, so are well worth it in my opinion.

As for the rear rim, if you want to replace it with another Mustang all you can really do is keep a look out on eBay or the for sale section on here for a better one.

All my bikes are linked in my signature at the bottom of my posts. If you're on a phone if you turn it to landscape it will appear. 👍 😁
A spring upgrade would be spot on so I'll definitely have a look into that ,ideally it would be nice to find another Mustang one as the bike is so original but know that could be a tall order to find one ,I'll get a look at your TI Lite now 😉

Back