Bontrager Race project *Finished*

StevePSD":3gksdwu1 said:
I've gone past the point of no return and dropped the frame at the shotblasters this morning which I'll get back on Wednesday ready for primer and paint later in the week. Barring rims, shifters and cranks i'm dangerously close to having all the bits I want to build it with.

Looking forward to seeing it finished Steve, what colour you go for.

Bontys are really underrated here in the UK IMHO

I collected the shot blasted the frame yesterday as I actually had five minuites free. Here it is in etch primer. I've passed it onto the chap in the paint shop next door to work his magic now

bontistripped.JPG

After a hetic few months being all consumed spending every last waking hour doing things for other people with my business this saturday I locked myself in my workshop and ignored the phone and did somthing for myself.
I got the frame back from being painted a couple of months ago and have been stockpiling parts for the last few months. The frame is a 'Race' and not a 'Race lite' and I did'nt buy it on the pretence it was a lite and i'm not bothered eiter way.
Ignore the tyres, they were lying around and for the time being protect the rims from being scuffed up and there are some parts that I want to swap as they don't look right on the frame although they look pretty on their own. It should look a little more authentic once i've applied the wrap around decals on the down/top tubes. I need to hunt out a front mech for the build as for the time being that is the only major component i'm missing and stopping me from finishing the bike, the rest of the build will be being a tart and changing the bits that don't look right.
bonrisemi.JPG

bontisemi1.JPG

Frame: Bonti Race
Fork : Pace RC-30
Headset : Chris King
Stem : NOS Syncros Cattlehead
Handlebar : NOS Bonti Titec
Brakes : Paul's Motolite
Brake Levers : NOS Kooka
Shifters : Paul Component Gripshift
Front Derailleur
Rear Derailleur M735 XT Short cage
Cassette : Sach mallard screw on
Chain : Sram
Cranks : Kooka Rasta
Chainrings: MiddleBurn
Bottom Bracket :NOS Syncros Hardcore Ti
Pedals
Quick Releases : Salsa flip off
Rims : Mavic 517
Hubs : Syncros Harcore front
Tyres not sure yet
Saddle : NOS Flite Titanium White
Seatpost : NOS Syncros
Weight:

hollister":1wrm80ak said:
interesting biuld.

nice color.
i can hear it crying for a bontrager crown RS fork ;)

Yes.. I'd settle for the Bontrager tripple crown rigid fork, but I suspect anyone who has a pair lurking in their stash will be holding onto them.

The colour is 'Audi Negaro blue' which is a peralesent colour.

Any of the bonty experts know what year that is? Only ask as I used to have a bonty and want to know what year they stopped/started using the segmented seat stays on the Race and Race- lite?

Nice build BTW!

pete_mcc":cro88h5v said:
Any of the bonty experts know what year that is? Only ask as I used to have a bonty and want to know what year they stopped/started using the segmented seat stays on the Race and Race- lite?

Nice build BTW!
OG paint/decals say 97 privateer to me off the bat, but i would have to go through my catalogs to be certain and they're at work.

2 peice stays went out in late 94, early 95

Back