Bontrager race lite 1993/4

Radrider

Devout Dirtbag
Here is a good lil find on the local classifieds. The owner says he think this is a 93/94 and was recalled the year of purchase for rust issues. He was sent this frame new with anti rust improvements as well as having it sprayed internally with anti rust compound. He didnt exactly lay it in thin and I would guess there is at least half a pound of the stuff inside the tubes. After seeing a fair share of rusted through OR's, im not complaining. There isnt a spec of rust to be seen on this frame.

Some cool bits like the switchblade, 2nd? gen syncros post, no logo chris king grip nut, salsa moto roller stem and wicked canti skull hangers on avid tri alings(not shown in photo)

Also a pristine set of original goretex cables/housing! Ive never seen these in person before and I'm amazed at the quality.

Ive put some syncros wheels on it while I clean up an old set of bontrager/chris king race lites.

Attachments

• 20210627_155741_HDR.jpg
    20210627_155741_HDR.jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Once she's built and ready I'll get the real camera out and a nice setting for some proper shots ;)

I just had to get some feelings marinating with this quick pic. Total time capsule.

That looks mint! Look forward to seeing more

Btw that isn't a 1st gen Syncros post or a Gatorblade (though I'm sure that's just a typo)

ahh thank you, my mistake. Thats a 3rd gen? and switchblade.

I am after all what should be referred to as, a noob. Im 31 and this is my second year collecting vintage mtb's.

Anyone know what year the race lite wheels came out? and more specifically which hubs where on which years?

Looks like a 2nd gen post, from what I can see. The Bonty fork is lush :cool:

cool bike ! fork as other have suggested is a Bontrager Comp looking rad in black, rather than the more usually seen chrome silver legs...the bonded on dropouts and cantilever mounts are what distiguish from the regular bontrager fork.

think first wheelset came out about 1994/5 hubs were Chris King on ? rims

have some old reviews filed away from MBUK for both

Back