Body Armour?

m-trax

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Had a bit of an accident on my bike yesterday, which has resulted in stripping a layer of skin off most of my shin, and being black n bruised all over. Had to visit Casualty last night to get my elbow x-rayed.

I notice that a fair amount of people at trail centres wear body armour nowadays to protect themselves? Anyone reccomend any?

Suitably retro

suit-of-armor1.jpg

In the Peak District and at trail centres I use 661 Kyle Straights Knee pads (they may be called something else now) they are normally around £35-40.
If I'm planning on riding in anger or somewhere really rocky I use 661 Chicken Wings elbow pads (may also be called something else now).

The knee pads cover the top part of your shin, but not all of it.

The most common injury I seem to suffer is landing on my chin, so I might get one the the helmets with a carbon chin protector in the future.

On the enduro retro bike rides, usually seems OTT for armour but 661 stuff gets used occasionally, I liked the old Fox stuff too, worth trying some on.
There is a thought that it gets in teh way though and knowing its there will that make you reckless? I dunno, sometimes I do sometimes I don't. :)

Get well soon and back on the horse, faster stronger smarter wiser ;)

seems my shins and calves get the most of my abuse. would like to know what others may use for those areas.

GoldenEraMTB":35sm95j8 said:
scars are cool...body armor, not so much :cool:

:LOL:

Chicks dig scars, so i've been told.

Never tried body armour myself, would definetely make me more reckless than i already am, after gashing my face open not so long ago i said i'd buy a full face helmet but probably wont.

Back