Blimey, must be rare! Mavic rims and hubs

Re:

Cool huh. IIRC i've seen the packages like this here on the site. If it wasn't past my bedtime i'd use the search...

➡️

Yes - mine. For years hanging on the shed wall - too intimidated to ever break the packaging! I've tried to sell to RBers and that vintage FB site to make sure it stays loosely within the group, but no takers. A fair bit of interesting (but not uber interesting) stuff going on Ebay over the next ten days...

mrkawasaki":37520f0v said:
I think not - it's making its way to a collector in New Mexico apparently!

There is a retrobike member from New Mexico, posted on this thread above, and I have been been in conversation re. Grove Innovation frames... who knows.

I rode a similar wheelset in 1989 -1991 , and partly during 94-98.
Rear as mavic paris dakar hub on Oxygen 6CD rim , front mavic paris dakar hub on Energy 7CD (which I eventually destroyed blowing out the sidewall whilst inflating a a tyre pre-ride). The rear lasted until 1998 , and got left behind in attic of Edinburgh student flat (oops) ... we were so hungover on the day we moved out that I packed the teapot in box (still filled with tea) ... anyhow a awesome wheelset, loved that kit, probably my first serious upgrade.

Back