Bikes I've never owned....but thought I might like to!

My young self:
Any Yeti (Tomac influence)
GT Xizang - Had x4 GT's in the 90s, but no Xizang
Kestrel MX-Z from that Freewheel catalogue

My old self:
Slingshot - would love to know how they ride/handle 🤪
Fillet brazed Ritchey with matching bullmoose bars 😍
GT Xizang - still never ridden one :cool:

However there are LOADS of bikes I've never owned and would love to own, guess I'm a bit a lot of a bike nerd! 🤣

I think a lot of the bikes I would love to have a go on, or own, sadly now fall into the category of "desire of my teenage self".

I doubt I could ride most if them for any meaningful length of time now!

But I would still like to have a go.

Also, there is a major issue with "meeting your heros", in that you risk a dream being dashed, when you realise its just another bike.......and that the missing star component, that makes it all work seamlessly is yourself! 🤣

I've ridden 1000s of different quality bikes, testrides and setting up used bike stock over the decades - sometimes I'll borrow a shop stock item for a few days if its unusual or interesting enough.

What can I say?...

Your own bike, if its nice quality and set up well - both as you like it and to fit you properly - is the best bike out there.

Simple.

Agree very much with the above 👍 For me i’d like to try very early trailblazing design bikes like Series I & II Breezers and Cunninghams. Tried pretty much the best of the rest over the years. So many iconic retros were mostly marketing hype, same as today.

Back