Bikes I've never owned....but thought I might like to!

I can feel the dark side tempting me, tempting me, tempting me...

A modern 29-er. Nothing special. A cheap Trek Marlin or similar would be fine. And it's not the wicked ways of the bike industry, marketing or, quelle horreur, GMBN :eek: that's tempting me. No. It's seeing actual, regular dudes pottering about on them, looking all wide-armed, upright and comfy. Yep, it's that modern geometry whispering, seductively, about the pleasures of posture that's the temptress trying to lure me from the straight and narrow path of the retro. 🤦‍♂️

SlingShot
Lotus carbon
Dogs
Fat Chance
Yeti
Ritchey

Obvs loads and loads of others I'd love to have a ride on, but these jump out quickly.

First 2 because I 'know' they will ride differently, the other 4 just to see how differently they actually do ride compared to others...

Its pity there isn't (or I assume there isn't) shows or "bike track day" experiences....you know pay £100 for the day go to a center, and ride a (insert retro icon here) for a while.

Maybe that's how we all retire early and make some money from our hobby!
If I'm paying £100 they better have a pulse.

Slingshot to feel what it is like and a full sus that feels a million times better than my only full sus build, a King Kikapu. That felt like two bikes , that weren't getting on, joined together . Awful. Mate bought it and thought it was ace, though, so maybe it was just me. Also a Lefty and a modern time trial bike.

I can feel the dark side tempting me, tempting me, tempting me...

A modern 29-er. Nothing special. A cheap Trek Marlin or similar would be fine. And it's not the wicked ways of the bike industry, marketing or, quelle horreur, GMBN :eek: that's tempting me. No. It's seeing actual, regular dudes pottering about on them, looking all wide-armed, upright and comfy. Yep, it's that modern geometry whispering, seductively, about the pleasures of posture that's the temptress trying to lure me from the straight and narrow path of the retro. 🤦‍♂️
Same here actually. I’d like to try a modern hard tail or full sus, if nothing else because the geo looks comfortable and that could open up more trail options.

. I’d like to try a modern hard tail or full sus
Well at least that fairly easy to arrange!

Maybe a retrobike meet up and all ride each others might be the easiest solution! No outlay and you get to meet the beastie of your choice without committing dollar!

Bring you own seatpost and saddle obviously..... to avoid "community" illnesses, such as an outbreak "foot and crotch disease". 🤣

Back