Bike park wales pedal up

longun

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Done the uplift loads of times but I'm going again soon.....fingers crossed and will have a spare half daybefoeemy weekend pass so wouldnt mind going and doing some xc......haha beforethe downs. Anyone else done the climbs?

Re:

yes, horrible, first time i went there when it opened i did the climb twice, was knackering, decided that the best way to do it was climb to the top, hit a downhill section then stop at the first road crossing then climb back to the top, this means you consistently only do half the climb, the less steep bit as well.

Re:

why not go do afan or cwmcarn on the half day? not that far from BPW and some good trails

by welsh standards its pretty easy. the majority use the singletrack lower climb, then stay on the fireroad from the first 180deg left hand turn.

Staying at a campsite literally at the bottom of the hills, may look at afan on the Monday before I go home then. Don’t mind doing a few climbs as it’ll only be in the afternoon before it’s dark, might take the pace hard tail for Friday, nukeproof for the rest. What’s afan like, any particularly good bits I shouldn’t want to miss?

Re:

depends on the length of the ride you want to do, i like the Whytes Level trail at Glencorrig, probably spelt that completely wrong, long climb to start with but a fun trail, couple of options towards the end, the shop there is called Afan a blast is run by Geoff, mental guy, total legend, good rider, fit as hell. that trail for me is comfortably 2 hours at my slow pace, if you want longer then i'd do Blade or the first two thirds of skyline.

Re:

Good to read this as I went last year before lockdown and will go again this year hopefully. Was considering just going for the pedal pass though not sure now.

Latest posts

Back