• February (steel steeds special) WTB_rider’s 1993 Brodie Catalyst

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • March Tomianson’s 1990 Yeti FRO

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • April 44Racing’s 1994 Kona Hei Hei

Votes: 31 18.6%
  • May (1988 and earlier sponsored by Terra One) Wtb_riders 1986 Salsa Scoboni

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • June daveyla’s Pace RC200 F1 (ex-Richard Thackray team bike)

Votes: 26 15.6%
  • July raidan73’s 1989 Brodie climbMax

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • August (bonded special) Ronezwun’s 1990 Valley Runner Carbon, 100th anniversary edition

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • September Retrobikeguy’s 1990 Zinn “Project Flowers”

Votes: 29 17.4%
  • October Jimi911’s 1983 Mountain Goat

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • November (non 26” wheels special) 24pouces 1986 Hanebrink SE Shocker

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • December shamobius’ 1992 Off-Road Toad

Votes: 12 7.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OK, the British bikes are stunning, and part of our biking heritage, the Brodies are also stunning along with the Toad, the Salsa is just about perfect, and that Merlin is the ultimate Titanium bike dream, so to choose one, it goes to the Mountain Goat, though from here to the top of the page and the submit button is plenty of time to change my mind.

OK, the British bikes are stunning, and part of our biking heritage, the Brodies are also stunning along with the Toad, the Salsa is just about perfect, and that Merlin is the ultimate Titanium bike dream, so to choose one, it goes to the Mountain Goat, though from here to the top of the page and the submit button is plenty of time to change my mind.
Yep, that 'rubber' fork on the Merlin is pure splendour, though it narrowly dipped out to my eventual vote.

Blimey.....Not one shitter amongst them. Has to be the best line up of 12 consecutive bikes/months i have seen since joining. (Fcuk, 12 years this year Jon.... :) )

I have to agree, that's the strongest line-up I've ever seen. Every single one is 👌

In a plot twist, because it's so strong, it made my decision very easy. Whilst I want to throw my leg over all of them, there's one I'd want to ride first, so that wins ;)

The Yeti is the one I would most like to see in my garage but I have to give it to the Zinn... I think... That Merlin is really nice... I'll get back to you.

Three or four of my favourite ever builds on this site, maybe. And all in one year!

The Merlin. The Brodie. The other Brodie. The Scoboni.

It's going to feel wrong picking any of those over the others, but I'm going with my gut here.

One build out of them was a real catalyst for me, in terms of focussing my mind on what I want to buy and what I want to build for myself moving forward. A goal, a dream maybe, to aim for.

And high benchmark, for sure. One I doubt I'll ever reach. But for inspiration alone I know what I'm picking.

Anyway congrats all. 12 months. 12 beautiful bikes.

PS. Can we include build thread links to each entry (if they have one)? Feels like they should be here for people that might be interested, and missed them in the shuffle the first go around.

Yeti , Kona and Pace are my choices. Hard to pick a winner really.

Went with the Pace in the end due to the history and amazing build thread.

Fantastic line-up of bikes. An easy choice for me though -that Merlin is perhaps the nicest bike I’ve ever seen. Absolutely love it.

After much deliberation I decided to vote using the thought "How did I end up here?" Probably the same reason we all did & one bike sums that up perfectly for me.

I know it’s an extra job @raidan73 but the inclusion of build threads would be cool.

As for my preference? I do like a bit of colouring in 😁

Back