BoTM Bike of the month October 2023 - now taking entries

Bike of The Month
With respect, the rules are pretty plain and we know it’s a regular and a special and out.
Not sure why you’d enter a bike until it was as good and ready as it could be?
They're in a constant state of flux and what is deemed ready at the time doesn't necessarily look so a few months/years later with changes
I think the rules are right the way they are, otherwise people would be changing a couple of bits and entering again every month. I get that people (me included) want to show them off but part of the fun is the variety of different bikes entered. It would be a bit boring seeing the same bikes over and over.

deanphoto's 1993 GT Team RTS - Build thread

_a7r2103-edit-jpg.778103

_a7r2127-edit-jpg.778101

Thank you for considering my opinion. I genuinely appreciate it.

I would suggest at the absolute discretion of the MODs rule 13), I think if it’s a material change to the bike then it should be allowed.

Naturally changing tyres or cables isn’t really material nor materially impacts the bike.

Trying to have a definitive rule, I.e number of parts or quantity of parts or value is perhaps a little over pedantic, but having some leeway at the Mods discretion is a fair model. I implore the application of a bit of common sense and pragmatism.

At the end of the day, if people feel strongly enough about the MOD’s decision then they can either not vote or vote for an alternative. At the end of the day, its votes that count.

In my particular case I’ve spent hundreds of pounds upgrading my parts and I feel that should be welcome in the BOTM. This bike is a long way different to my previous entry.

In a competition where sometimes it’s very close, having the opportunity to significantly improve your bike and have a go gives the community an incentive to improve.

I recognise rules are rules; there is also a rule of not taking it too seriously too. 😬😬
So by this premise you could change all the components each time and wheel this out every month for eternity claiming it's not the same bike. 🤔

Back