• Regan_ev’s Yeti C-26 Team Homage Replica

Votes: 24 29.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Re:

regan_ev":2zz46if2 said:
sinnerman":2zz46if2 said:
regan_ev":2zz46if2 said:
Thanks to recent posts for further congrats, and I'll echo the sentiments which state it's not about the brand or the cost as to why each of us loves whichever bikes we have, but the value and the love alone.

As for the cost of this, I don't know exactly. I have a rough idea within a few hundred, but it was all purely about the love. Spud is almost right in my sacrificing other bikes to help fund this, although the Ti Meg and NOS Al XTR made way for me to buy my Breezer. It was the AL DX that I sold to pay towards this, but that sale didn't even offset the cost of the original Yeti Pro FRO. (I also lost over £1,000 on that Alpinestars, which I vowed never to sell, but needs must.)

I have further plans for this C-26 which I'm going to partially strip after Christmas and swap out almost all of it in an attempt yo get it close to the 23.5lb weight stated by MBA mag in their article on the C-26 prototype. I joked with John Parker that they (Zap Espionza) must've used journalistic licence on that weight claim, but JP retorted that 23.5lb was accurate and they (YETI) measured in on a calibrated Los Angeles country scale.

With that said, and if my interpretation of the BOTM rules is right, I should be able to enter it in BOTM again, with a possibly of it winning BOTM twice. :cool:

WOOOOOO.Hang on a minute What Breezer....?

Not a retro one. Breezer Repack Team, 2016. BTW, today is Joe Breeze's birthday!

And he hasnt aged a Day..........!

Cool bike, id like to ride one actually, didnt Soto have a hand in its suspension design...?

Re: Re:

sinnerman":agooj01j said:
regan_ev":agooj01j said:
sinnerman":agooj01j said:
WOOOOOO.Hang on a minute What Breezer....?

Not a retro one. Breezer Repack Team, 2016. BTW, today is Joe Breeze's birthday!

And he hasnt aged a Day..........!

Cool bike, id like to ride one actually, didnt Soto have a hand in its suspension design...?
He's a living legend and an advert for daily cycling to retain youthful looks, for sure.

Yeah, something like that. It's a quirky design, one I'm not so sure is that good if I'm honest, and the frame suffers frombeing a 2013 design, so the geometry isn't all that compared to contemporary designs using similarly long travel suspension. It would better suit shorter travel, but I love it for what it is, and Joe helped me to get it into the UK as there was no official importer when I bought it.

Back