BoTM Bike of the Month January 2022 - nominations

Bike of The Month
Attending the first time, so it'll be my first vintage build: Vesatoro's 1994 Cannondale M600 heritage build. Link to more photos (also from the stolen bike) and full specs: 1994 M600 heritage build

It may not be up to the Yeti or Fat Chance, but for me this the most important bike.

An 1994 M600 was stolen from me 1998, I never got it back, and I have had it in the back of my mind for over 20 years... It was a bike that I had bought and built with summerjob wages. Updating from LX/STX to XT/LX and most of other parts also. In my opinion this was one of the most beautiful Cannondale frames of the nineties, of course a very subjective view. With that bike I searched the local trails, attended some competitions in youth class and just spent wonderful time in the forests.

So now it was time to build a heritage bike. After a half year search, I found a very good condition bike for starter here in Finland, paid well over price, but I had to get it. Some things were also wrong with the bike (won't buy that seller anything anymore), but the most important part, frame was just the way it should. Initial thought was to build it as the old bike once was, but for practical and artistic reasons some changes were done along the journey.

Summary: an interesting and a very personal and even emotional journey to vintage bike building. Every time I ride this bike, it takes me to a time with less worries and more freedom. Warm thanks for all who have helped.

P8290075.JPG

P8290076.JPG

Last edited:
Simple entry this time......

RBG's 1990 Orbit
Brazed 531tubing Lovingly refurbished in orbit grey with silver decals fitted, a Tioga bar and stem in polished chrome and a nice deore LX M550 groupset..... Suits you sir. Ooh!

IMG_20210530_181039.jpg

IMG_20210530_181051.jpg

Last edited:
I’ll throw my hat in the ring- racecarjohnny’s 1994 Colnago Master
Very nice! For some reason it reminded me of a budget bike I regularly saw for sale in a shop in the early nineties. I think the manufacturer was Ammaco?

Gents, here´s my first entry of the year: maxhc´s 1991 Scott Super LITE

Looking at some of these bikes makes my entry feel like I just asked a girl to go out for a drink five minutes before Brad Pitt, George Clooney and Tom Cruise turned up in helicopters with diamonds and flowers 😣

Don't sell your bike short :)

Latest posts

Back