Bike marques v Car marques, who would be who ?

Back in the mid 1980s the cycling magazines often referred to Highpath Engineering bikes as the Rolls Royce of mountain bikes.
This was because at around £2,000 they were the most expensive, each one was unique, and there was a two year plus waiting list.

Some of the hub brakes on the Highpaths looked like miniature versions of those on Bugatti's. Though before founding Highpath, David Wrath-Sharman had been a restorer of classic Alfa Romeos.
That’s brilliant, I recognise them but didn’t remember the name...

Ford? all types of use and from low to high end. Ka - GT40
Yes. Probably the best match. I was thinking, perhaps Nissan, but Ford is probably a better match. Historically, too, Ford has a good claim to being the first brand to bring the automobile to the mass market, and Spesh could make a fair claim to having done the same with the MTB (though not the road bike).

Trek = vw - bought every other brand and ruined them........... Are you serious, do you remember pre VW Skoda and SEAT, do you feel the world needs more rear engined Estelles and badly built Fiat copies.
That's funny, because here in the states you could actually buy a VW Jetta that came with a matching Trek MTB.

View attachment 545303
That's funny, because here in the states you could actually buy a VW Jetta that came with a matching Trek MTB.
Toyota collaborated with Trek recently but all you get these days is a couple of stickers with your hybrid Corolla...

That’s brilliant, I recognise them but didn’t remember the name...

David Wrath-Sharman's first choice of car for his own use was Citroen 'A' Series cars like the Dyane, Mehari and the 2CV. There were at least three other Cleland owners who owned 2CVs, including myself.

lamborghini countach bike would have to have campagnolo on it as they made the wheels for the car. Any other bike companies make parts for cars??

Back