Bike marques v Car marques, who would be who ?

FAT - Ferrari - Long history of innovation, perfectionism, iconic and proper enthusiasts cars
Klein - Lamborghini - Some early iconic design classics, beautiful but more showing style over substance.
Roberts - Aston Martin, Britains finest, looks good but a bit sluggish with iffy handling when pushed hard.
Raleigh - British Leyland sums it up.
Kona - BMW just great design from the off and sensibly priced
Specialized - Volvo - Chinese owned but made to a high std
Pace - McLaren Innovative, British, beautiful but the Pace bikes are more reliable

You can not be serious.

I could stretch at Generalized would be Fiat, but even that is an insult to the Italian car industry. Perhaps Kia fits better.
I agree
Spe is a massive market giant with bikes built in Taïwan. No comparison with Ferrari

There is no real parallel to Specialized in the car market because Specialized has a massive range, from entry level to high end and across different types of use, whereas car marques tend to be differentiated by market niche even when owned by the same umbrella organisation. If Skoda, VW, Seat, Audi and Lamborghini all just carried the VW badge, then there would be a parallel.

Off to renew my 'Killjoys R Us' membership now. 🤷‍♂️

For me Klein is more like Hispano Suiza. Both don´t exist any more. Both were inovative. Klein has internal wiring, smooth welds, a different head set and crank set, the tubes the paint ... and the same for Hispano Suiza. Lof of new ideas and high-end stuff. Lot of details.

I can imagine this adroit next to this Xenia (year 1938 ...:oops: independent suspension, first curved glass and lot of new stuff for that era ) or a beatifull K6 cabriolet ... A dream.

1621679417443.png

1621679269272.png

Last edited:
Klein/Hispano Suiza? Not sure about that one... at least I’ve never heard of anyone getting out of one those most luxurious of cars and complaining that they can barely walk and might not ever sit down again! 🤣🤣🤣

Klein/Hispano Suiza? Not sure about that one... at least I’ve never heard of anyone getting out of one those most luxurious of cars and complaining that they can barely walk and might not ever sit down again! 🤣🤣🤣

EDIT: I catch it😅 Full rigid but looks so nice :)

Last edited:
Trek = vw - bought every other brand and ruined them........... Are you serious, do you remember pre VW Skoda and SEAT, do you feel the world needs more rear engined Estelles and badly built Fiat copies.

Trek = vw - bought every other brand and ruined them........... Are you serious, do you remember pre VW Skoda and SEAT, do you feel the world needs more rear engined Estelles and badly built Fiat copies.
You go to BP Wales, they rent u a Trek. You go to Sicily and do car hire, they give u a VW polo !! 🤔

Back