Wanted Big frame...ridgid....26" wheels.....

Tootyred

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
My existing all road wandering bike is now too small for my failing back....so as part of the great clearance (down to whole bikes now!) i would like to replace it.

Im looking for a big, good quality, steel, 26" wheeled frame and forks. Cantilever....obviously! Clearance for 2.1" tyres min.

Head tube absoute min 195mm .......215mm perfect. Sloping top tube preferred as will be chucked around a bit off road......and if i have to bail out......

Ideally yates, roberts.....but open to suggestions

Not worried if is shabby....can deal with that!

What's out there in those sheds? I know its a big ask....

Something like this......perfect.....thanks for the photo and info my friend.....

1656411981386.png

Last edited:
I have 'Ginormo' here, its got a portage strap
I love a portage strap....interesting, but i think the head tube might be too small still.....im trying to avoid the high stem option at the moment......but interesting bike.....never realised they were Columbus.....

Also, im probably going to need a sloping or dropped top tube....incase of bail out contact issues

Cheers for thinking of me!

Following to see what's offered. I'm also tall, and struggle with making bikes fit without using high rise stems and riser bars (both of which look fugly).

I think it may be skim pickings! Ive had a karmic order for a 20.5 marin for 4 years now....no luck.

Back