Sold Bianchi Mega Pro XL Titanium (frame only + PMP headset)

Jam_SWorks

BoTM Winner
Specialized Fan
Feedback
View
Bianchi Mega Pro XL Titanium (frame only + PMP headset)

With much sadness my Ti Bianchi is being sold as a wall hanger, or maybe someone can repair it. Before I attempted to remove the very very seized PMP Titanium Seat post. It was a fully built/ functioning bike that I road regularly in charity fund raising events. I’ve owned it for 10yrs. Fabulous bike and I’ve enjoyed it lots.

I tried 3 weeks of soaking it to release the post. The PMP Ti seat post was super soft and twisted ripped easily when trying to get any leverage on it. Real shame!

Also has signs of cracking around top of seat collar trying to get the seat post out.

Size:
Center BB to Top 49.5cm
Top tube = 57cm
Headtube length = 10.5cm

£155 including postage to anywhere in UK. Or make an offer to what it’s worth to you? Hard to gauge what value this has given the seat post seizure.

Regards
James IMG_9011.jpeg
IMG_0101.jpeg
IMG_0102.jpeg

Last edited:
It possible that it is still salvageable. If you took it to a machine shop they could put it on a milling machine table and bore the old seatpost out. I removed a very seized seatpost in a ti frame by making a split collared bearing puller. I then attached a slide hammer to it and hammered it out.
It took a while but it did come out.
I just honed the seat tube to 27.2 after
Titanium is very prone to galling so ALWAYS apply a good quality anti seize to mating parts

Last edited:
Back